Need to restore to complete stock

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have rooted my Hero on 1.5.2 and it came with 1.56.651 updated ROM. I need to go back to complete stock (with no root) because it has started to act really laggy. No matter how many times I hard reset, wipe, or do anything, the phone is still really really really laggy (way before I rooted it). I have gone back to the stock ROM but I want to go back to just complete stock, and the 1.29 RUU doesn't work because I get Bootlader Error 140. Can anyone help me? I'm still within in my 30 days at Best Buy, but didn't want to take it back unless it was stock.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
what do you mean you rooted on 1.5.2 are you refering to the recovery image that you flashed? as long as its still the stock rom from sprint you have on it they wont tell you anything when you return it

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
what do you mean you rooted on 1.5.2 are you refering to the recovery image that you flashed? as long as its still the stock rom from sprint you have on it they wont tell you anything when you return it

Yes....i've flashed to the recovery image, but I want it complete stock (no recovery, no root.....nothing). I know they won't be able to tell...however, I can't come up with a good enough story to exchange for another one. Should I not care because I'm still within my 30 days, and just tell them I just want another one?