Not able to get certain apps from Market for Hero

tramaria

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Can somebody please tell me why there are numerous apps in the Market the Hero is not supporting? (Ex. IRadio, Google Google, Google Maps Navigation) When I scan the barcode or manual type the name, it tells me sorry can not be found when I know they exist. Are certain apps made for specific Android phones?

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Can somebody please tell me why there are numerous apps in the Market the Hero is not supporting? (Ex. IRadio, Google Google, Google Maps Navigation) When I scan the barcode or manual type the name, it tells me sorry can not be found when I know they exist. Are certain apps made for specific Android phones?

Assuming you have a Sprint Hero, then you do not see those apps because the Hero's firmware is now at Android 1.5 and those apps are only for phones with Android 1.6 and up (2.0 as well). When HTC upgrades the Hero to Android 2.1 (for Sprint sometime in the first half of 2010), you will have access to those apps.

rbiowa

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Is Beautiful Widgets one of 'those'? Androlib says it is again available, but when I search the Market...zero.

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Is Beautiful Widgets one of 'those'? Androlib says it is again available, but when I search the Market...zero.
This one is (I'm pretty sure) currently in legal limbo. Their original version was almost an exact look&feel copy of the HTC Sense UI on the Hero. HTC asked the developer to remove it and they did. Then the developer came out with a new version that did seem to change the look&feel but I think HTC was not satified with the changes and after a few days it was removed again...

/BD :cool:

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking at this Beautiful Widgets v2.53 Application for Android | News & Weather and seems people are downloading it since yesterday. Maybe I'm wrong....:eek:
Sadly, I think you are, in fact, mistaken. :( I tried scanning that barcode, and the market 404'd. The dev's site still doesn't show it, and his twitter account doesn't state it's back up either.

However, from what I can tell from the twitter account and the official thread in the apps section (here: Beautiful Widgets - Android Central Forums), the only hold-up right now is that the people at HTC who were reviewing the app are still on holiday break. So it will come back in the near future.

kenny.deford

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I realize this thread is old but I didn't want to start a completely new one with the same title....I am looking for the PayPal app in the market but it's showing no results on my Hero. It is on AppBrain and AndroidTapp. I'm with a smaller CDMA carrier and have 2.1 on my Hero. Let me know if anyone else can duplicate the issue for their phone....thanks

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I realize this thread is old but I didn't want to start a completely new one with the same title....I am looking for the PayPal app in the market but it's showing no results on my Hero. It is on AppBrain and AndroidTapp. I'm with a smaller CDMA carrier and have 2.1 on my Hero. Let me know if anyone else can duplicate the issue for their phone....thanks

I have a sprint hero and just checked to see.It's showing up here,and installed.

kehanra99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
In settings and applications - I think you need allow installation from unknown sources checked. It opens up some more options for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos