not an adroid user just yet...

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
i do not own an android phone just yet, but i am wanting to buy a used HTC Hero for sprint. My question is, is the Hero a good starting phone for a new android user? or is the there something better with Sprint?

Currently i have a bb tour, and palm pre, but android is calling my name. I can upgrade my device with Sprint on Jan 1st 2011, but do not want to purchase a new android device just yet, plan on waiting to the middle of 2011.

Please let me know your thoughts. All i really care about is the camera quality, email management, and messaging.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Since your not ready to use your upgrade as yet, when your ready - if there isn't anything new on Sprint by then... I would suggest the HTC EVO. Ten times better than the Hero(In my honest opinion).

Last edited:

evil_ash

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend the Hero just because of all the new Android phones that are flooding the market. The new phones just keep getting better and better, so it would make sense to get a more up to date phone.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The HTC Hero is a great starter phone. I would recommend you get a HTC Evo 4G or Evo 4G shift. The Hero is great but the Evo is a lot better and more updated. I am going to be selling my HTC Hero soon so you can get the Evo and if you still want a Hero you can buy mine. I will probably sell it for about $50 - $100. I understand you are coming from a Blackberry. Here is some helpful information.
->Jumping from Blackberry to Android<-

deek05

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a Palm Pre also. My upgrade is the beginning of feb. I bought a Hero off of ebay 3 weeks ago. I rooted the phone the 2nd day. Love the phone, love android. I still really like WebOS but the apps (even with Homebrew) are lacking. I don't think you'd be disappointed at all. Good luck!

Leor19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I think that the Hero would make a great starter android phone that you can pick up for under $100 if you dont want to use your upgrade just yet. Hell...If you pick it up cheap enough you might be able to make most of your money back reselling the phone when you're ready to upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance