Reduce the Call Ring Lag on Your Hero

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm don't want to be a negative weed in everyone's positive garden but .... I go through device self service usually once a week checking for PRL and firmware, just hoping to get a new surprise (point being my PRL is always up to date). And i keep the roaming alert off, why the hell do i care i have unlimited roaming. I still have the delayed ring problem.

My admin assistant called me the other day and said she figured she was going to voicemail because it had rang so many times before i picked up. By the way i was sitting on my couch with full EVDO Rev-A coverage.

I sure hope it works for everyone and I'm a one-off but that certainly is not the fix for my delayed ringing.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This doesn't seem to work on cellular south. there is no option to renew pri or anything else for that matter. ideas?

Did you check ... settings / about phone / system updates / update PRL (may say preferred roaming list) ?

I have a Sprint Hero but that's where you should be able to find it.

profiler#AC

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you check ... settings / about phone / system updates / update PRL (may say preferred roaming list) ?

I have a Sprint Hero but that's where you should be able to find it.

I can get to "settings", "about phone", and it gives descriptions of all but there is no toggle for System updates. Strange.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I can get to "settings", "about phone", and it gives descriptions of all but there is no toggle for System updates. Strange.

Well I live in NY so I cant get my hands on a Cell South Hero to dig around on but I recommend calling Cell South support and asking. I did a google search which yeileded no usefull results. Sorry.

ro_bro

Dec 21, 2009
sprintherotips.blogspot.com

you mean you don't have this?
qMKrL.png

stig371

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I live in NY so I cant get my hands on a Cell South Hero to dig around on but I recommend calling Cell South support and asking. I did a google search which yeileded no usefull results. Sorry.

I talked with two different Cellular South reps. they didn't know anything about the System update/ PRI update option.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm well ... well i know Cellular South has a roaming agreement with Alltell (VzW) in certain areas so that means the phone does accept new PRL's.

I would have to wonder if Cell South doesnt let users manually update the PRL but rather pushes them down so they disabled the option. Sprint pushes down PRL updates from time to time but also gives users the option to manually update.

I wouldn't let it keep you up at night.

red250

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I looked at the cellsouth hero manual, and it appears to be the exact same as sprint.

in the first link it says settings > about phone > status > system update, that's wrong for the sprint hero, status only shows you the current versions of software.

it should be settings > about phone > system update

which is the very first option that you see after clicking "about phone", it may not be on the cell south phone, just make sure you going to the right place.

also, i'm with you KSmithInNY, my prl was already up, and roaming was already unchecked, so this didn't help my phone.