How can I make ringtones from MP3s

mohawk

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Hero 2 days ago and as it`s my first `smartphone`` I`m totally blown away with what it can do! While there was a slight learning curve for me, it didn`t take long before I was customizing the phone.
However my question is if anyone could suggest a Hero app. that would allow me to create ringtones from existing MP3s on my laptop.
Thanks in advance.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
put them on your memory card in the music folder and play them on your hero ...while it playing hit menu and then you can select to make it a ringtone and the hero even has a built in ringtone trimmer so you can pick what part you want to use

MSK01

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a Hero app, but Myxer allows you to do that on it's website for free. Then it sends you a text with the link to download it.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Myxer's sound quality isn't that good I would stick with the factory ringtone trimmer or ringdroid. There are apps that you can download ringtones other people have created. I would also dowlnload Rings Extended it allows you to choose where to choose you ringtone from, not just from the factory preset location.

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Myxer's sound quality isn't that good I would stick with the factory ringtone trimmer or ringdroid. There are apps that you can download ringtones other people have created. I would also dowlnload Rings Extended it allows you to choose where to choose you ringtone from, not just from the factory preset location.
That's what Ringdroid is for, you can size, section, and crop the music right there on the spot.