Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Default How is this forum STILL here!

The HTC Hero is a GREAT phone! It was my first Android phone. I loved it but moved on to a Nexus S. But what I really want to know is how is this forum still shown while phones that came out after this are hidden?
    Last edited by Baconator; 01-11-2011 at 08:25 PM.

ROM
    Stock till s-off

Folks like me are still using and modding them. I'm personally "stuck" with mine till at least April, and with a custom ROM and kernel it's running just fine.
    benny3 and adykingadrian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    The HTC Hero is a GREAT phone! It was my first Android phone. I lobved it but moved on to a Nexus S. But what I really want to know is how is this forum still shown while phones that came out after this are hidden?
    Because It's a darn good phone, and those other phones wasn't. Just saying.
    Banned

First post evar! On here anyhow... I'm keeping my Hero until next month, but don't really know which way to go next...EVO, or EVO Shift...WWYD?

Quote Originally Posted by FatalErrorz View Post
    First post evar! On here anyhow... I'm keeping my Hero until next month, but don't really know which way to go next...EVO, or EVO Shift...WWYD?
    If I had my way, and the money, I would jump ship to Verizon when the Bionic comes out. As I'm locked in this contract for awhile yet, I suppose I'll wait and see. MWC is coming soon, maybe Sprint will quit messing around and drop a bomb.

-----
    Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by user7618 View Post
    If I had my way, and the money, I would jump ship to Verizon when the Bionic comes out. As I'm locked in this contract for awhile yet, I suppose I'll wait and see. MWC is coming soon, maybe Sprint will quit messing around and drop a bomb.

-----
    Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!
    You said the "V" word...mods!! (kidding) I had Verizon a few years (7) ago, and they overbilled me twice, and it took 6 months to get my money back. Now I don't mean to hold a grudge against some fat-fingered clerk who probably doesn't work there anymore, but on the off-chance the Peter Principle (look it up) is alive and well at Verizon, I don't like my money sitting in their coffers earning them interest.

I would like a Bionic though, but it is similar to the EVO isn't it?

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom Reborn

Myself being an Hero owner also. I'm leaning towards the Epic. I want to wait to see what gets announced in Feb from Sprint. Hpefully by then the Epic gets Froyo.

Paul

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

Why is it here? Because people are locked into contracts, and still use it daily, but with the modifications and roots available, it is as good as new.

For you above, I'm running the Epic, rooted and rommed. Look hard at this phone, it does outperform the Evo in so many ways. If you read about the updates, they suck. If you hack, its great!! Personal preference - screen, camera, and no sense ui rock.

Anyway, my kids (read above, stuck in contracts for another year), couldn't take the speed, so I'm back in this forum. Now rooted and new roms, great
    speed, new phone. So I'm very glad the mods and contributors are still here.
    Use them, I got great help

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

I would like a Bionic though, but it is similar to the EVO isn't it?
    You're thinking of the HTC Thunderbolt, not the Motorola Bionic.

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Well there are some of us still using the Hero. Personally, I see no reason to upgrade as there has yet to be a new phone that is a vast improvement over my Hero.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom Reborn

Waiting to see what Spring announces at CITA in March. And brings out by hopefully June.
    My Hero is doing OK for the most part. It is rooted and running FreshUI rom on it.

Paul

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by PittsPgh View Post
    Waiting to see what Spring announces at CITA in March. And brings out by hopefully June.
    My Hero is doing OK for the most part. It is rooted and running FreshUI rom on it.

Paul
    Flipz had some really good stuff when the Hero was on the 1.5 and early 2.1. Liked his worked and it was my first ROM that I installed after rooting January 2010.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

My girlfriend and I are still somewhat proud owners of the Hero and the Moment. We upgrade in a few months and she has wanted the Evo since last year. We could not afford it at the time so she got the Hero. Its getting ugly because we are used to having the newest and hottest phones, now we are falling way behind. She finally agreed to let me root our phones, well mine and then a few days later she got a little envious. I also have a friend who works for a Sprint Store who still has a Hero.

It is the first CDMA android phone in the world so it has a HUGE following. See G1 for reference.

First GSM android phone, G1 = huge following
    First CDMA android phone, HERO = huge following

Mystery solved.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

When xda moved the hero over to the legacy device forums, there was a giant stink raised. They restored the forum to its rightful place.

-----
    Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.

I would like to up grade when sprint gets new phones. But after just rooting my hero im in no hurry to spend on a new phone.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    It is the first CDMA android phone in the world so it has a HUGE following. See G1 for reference.

First GSM android phone, G1 = huge following
    First CDMA android phone, HERO = huge following

Mystery solved.

HEY! I've had both of them! Had the G1, TMO decided to overbill me 3 months in a row and couldnt explain my random charges...

as for why:

sprint still sells the hero (well at least last time i was in a store a few weeks ago)

they still service the hero

a lot of people still have heros, and some want to root, mod, and get general help with them?

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    HEY! I've had both of them! Had the G1, TMO decided to overbill me 3 months in a row and couldnt explain my random charges...

as for why:

sprint still sells the hero (well at least last time i was in a store a few weeks ago)

they still service the hero

a lot of people still have heros, and some want to root, mod, and get general help with them?
    I havent seen a Sprint store actually selling the Hero for a good 6 months now. It's not available on their online store either. One of the biggest reasons people are still holding onto the Hero is because nothing has come out that really blows it away. Phones like the EVO and Epic are a nice bump up but not a huge leap by any means.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

I went in yesterday and it wasn't there... But a few weeks ago, down in se ga, I saw one on display... Idk

Swyped from my g-breaded optimus prime.

The Hero, IMHO, is still very relevant.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Hands down the Hero is a trusty phone that has a strong following. My only gripe is that it should have had better specs out of the box, but what can you do. The development community has done more than make this phone far more useable than it is out of the box and has allowed me to keep using it until it's time to upgrade

Although my Hero has been retired from daily use it still has a home on my coffee table as a media center remote. We run XBMC at all our TVs in the house and it is very handy having a spare Hero and G1 laying around. The Hero and G1 make ideal remotes for friends and family (I just use my Evo).
    See my screen
    http://androidjunk.wordpress.com/category/screenshot-gallery/

Default Re: How is this forum STILL here!

I still love my little phone. Been eligible for an upgrade for a long time but me wants LTE and NFC to run Google Wallet so I passed on the Epic Touch. I'll probably have to wait 7 or 8 months for both of those features but that's OK since my Hero has been so reliable.
    Last edited by DataHawg; 09-06-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: How is this forum STILL here!

Quote Originally Posted by DataHawg View Post
    I still love my little phone. Been eligible for an upgrade for a long time but me wants LTE and NFC to run Google Wallet so I passed on the Epic Touch. I'll probably have to wait 7 or 8 months for both of those features but that's OK since my Hero has been so reliable.
    I'm sure LTE will be a little more than 7-months out. I'm thinking about a year and a half to two years before we start to see LTE on Sprint. Even then it will probably be spotty just like WiMax is (was) when it was first released.

I'm thinking to upgrade now and by the next eligibility LTE should be rolling out or rolled out enough to make it worth it.

You're probably right, magnus. I went to the Sprint Store last Monday and played with the E4GT. I had to have it so I plunked down the 2 Cnotes. The rep told me if I upgraded before Oct. 2nd with a standard upgrade, I can get my last annual upgrade next year at this time. No brainer. NFC will be more widely used by then, too.
    So long, Hero. You have served me well. It was weird to downgrade from GB 2.3.5 to 2.3.4. I might set the Hero up for my wife so she can use WiFi tethering on it, but after she played with the E4GT, she wants one now, too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast