01-15-2010 03:37 AM
- So i just got my hero and im diggin it not bad better than the G1 which was the first android i had. is there anything i should do to it right away or any sugguestions i had the pre before i got my hero it was dope. im just trying to see if there are any suggestions on apps or cool tricks01-10-2010 12:15 PM
- plenty of tricks and multi-tasking covered in other threads. No need for patches like the pre, here, everything works. My only complaint is the lack of bluetooth voice dialing, but it having voice dialing period is awesome. For me, I like the Toggle Switches from HTC. I put them on one of the screens. to add them, long press or hit the + icon on the page you want to add them to, then HTC widget--> Settings--> and you can pick from 5 (you can add all 5, i leave out the airplane mode cause you can do that by pressing the power button). I like the fact that google maps works without having to turn on GPS. ShopSavy is handy for comparing prices. Barcode scanner can do the same + you can scan the barcodes on here when they do the app previews to give you the direct link to the market. The voice recognition for google searches is surprisingly accurate (as long as you don't have a thick accent, it didn't like my girlfriend's dad's voice, but mine works fine on it). I like Jog tracker, works well as long as you wait for it to grab you before you start running. Shazam comes in handy when you are out and about, plus, it has a setting that saves your tags so you can download the songs later at your leisure. if you use the HTC calendar widget, when you click on a day, it gives you the weather forecast on there, too. I like setting ringtones for individuals (and you don't have to hack the phone for messaging tones, that was dumb on Palm's part) so I use the Zedge app. Not many backgrounds in there, so I also use the Backgrounds app, my only gripe is that if you save an image, it puts it in a folder not standardly recognized by the wallpaper settings, so you may need another app for file management.
Other cool things:
Bump if you are the business type constantly meeting new people. It works with the iPhone app, tested it out on my Girlfriend's Ipod Touch. On the default clock, if you hit the top half, it takes you to alarm clock settings, bottom half gives you weather. The stock weather app is neat. I haven't had the time zone issue some have, probably because I'm in South Florida.
If the youtube video looks crappy, there is a setting in there for higher quality video.
Thats all on top of my head.01-10-2010 11:19 PM
- So i just got my hero and im diggin it not bad better than the G1 which was the first android i had. is there anything i should do to it right away or any sugguestions i had the pre before i got my hero it was dope. im just trying to see if there are any suggestions on apps or cool tricks
Sprint Hero Tips01-10-2010 11:44 PM
- 01-11-2010 12:07 AM
- Actually, Shopsavvy works very well with the QR codes found around the web and on androidcentral... plus the interface is just generally nicer looking, so no need for both apps. I know it works, because I've tested it with my avatar picture to make sure it worked. it pulled up my twitter page quite easily too, but your advice was spot on! Thanks!01-11-2010 12:42 AM
- 01-11-2010 08:37 AM
- so im coming over from the black berry world to the hero i use to own the g1 when it first came out but sold it two weeks after i bought it lol sad thing is i work for sprint but find forms like here and crackberry very helpful so im looking to learning a lot from here01-15-2010 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD