Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Lightbulb Built in Screen Protector on Sprint HTC Hero

    For all of those who don't know or bought or is thinking about buying a screen protector for the Hero... DON'T.

    I told my buddy at Sprint I wanted to get one and asked which the best one was, he took my phone and took a screwdriver to the screen as hard as he could and it didn't leave a mark. Apparently the screen is already scratch resistant.

    I just thought I would let ya know.

    Phil
  2. #2  

    Default

    Hmmm, he was working at sprint & just happened to have a screwdriver with him? Sorry, I gotta call shenanigans on this one!!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
    Hmmm, he was working at sprint & just happened to have a screwdriver with him? Sorry, I gotta call shenanigans on this one!!!
    Really now?!?!? Why would I make something like this up. Why wouldn't Sprint have a screwdriver? You probably haven't ever heard of a repair center.

    Feel free to spend your money.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Also

    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
    Hmmm, he was working at sprint & just happened to have a screwdriver with him? Sorry, I gotta call shenanigans on this one!!!
    The Hero has a glass screen which is hard to scratch.

    Last edited by pjwatson104; 01-20-2010 at 11:09 PM.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Yes, but it does scratch. Mine has a small scratch on the screen after just a couple of months from the zipper on my purse. And if someone is taking a screwdriver to your phone you should kick his ***, cuz that's just stupid.
  6. #6  
    reagan247's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjwatson104 View Post
    The Hero has a glass screen which is hard to scratch.

    haha! Thanks for the video... I got curious and tried this, since I'm still within my 30 days and BAM! not a scratch. Thanks for the post man.
  7. #7  

    Default

    I owe you an apology, but I'm not trying it on my phone, LOL.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Makes me wanna take my protector off. I might start bare backing.
    _________________________
    Sprint HTC Hero * Roooted *
    Fresh ROM 1.1
    Recover-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img
    Class2 8GB SD
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    One thing to remember, though is that the plastic will prob scrape really easily if dropped or rubbed against keys in the pocket, etc. I have a case for mine, but they have a few out there that wrap around the phone somehow. I think invisisheild or something like that has one.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Thanks for posting. Will save money by not buying the screen protector.
  11. #11  

    Default

    This is true but accidents do happen, for example, I forgot my phone was on my lap when I got out of my car and it flew to the concrete..... but wait there's more, before I had realized it my foot had already began nearing its decent right on the back of the phone. This mistake made zero scratches but GOUGES, 4 of them and I was pissed because I tried to baby the hell out of my phone. oh yea and this happened when I still had a gel case on it, lol
  12. #12  
    Super27#CB's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default

    This is good to know. I'm overall pretty happy with the screen on the Hero. I had a Zagg screen protector on it for awhile, and wasn't overly thrilled with it. It is seemingly impossible not to get some amount of dust trapped under there, and it's really annoying when you're reading emails on a white background. I also didn't like the feel of the Zagg. To me the uncovered screen (but kept clean) works the best.
  13. #13  
    Ginbill's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheyne1 View Post
    This is true but accidents do happen, for example, I forgot my phone was on my lap when I got out of my car and it flew to the concrete..... but wait there's more, before I had realized it my foot had already began nearing its decent right on the back of the phone. This mistake made zero scratches but GOUGES, 4 of them and I was pissed because I tried to baby the hell out of my phone. oh yea and this happened when I still had a gel case on it, lol
    Aw, that totally happened to me with my BB Curve.
  14. #14  

    Default

    I said it in THIS THREAD and i'll say it again ...

    The screen on the Sprint Hero is Oleophobic coated glass (does this mean my screen has a fear of oleo's??)

    Just for clarification purposes, oleophobic doesn't make the glass any stronger but rather makes it harder for dirt/oil to stick to but even with that said .... a screen protector is kind of pointless on these devices because if your doing something that's crazy enough to scratch a glass screen, its going to scratch despite any kind of plastic screen protector.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  15. #15  

    Default

    I use a protector and its gives the screen a little traction, which I actually like. The screen also gets less smudgy. But the price for one (20 bucks) is a pretty big rip off.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjwatson104 View Post
    For all of those who don't know or bought or is thinking about buying a screen protector for the Hero... DON'T.

    I told my buddy at Sprint I wanted to get one and asked which the best one was, he took my phone and took a screwdriver to the screen as hard as he could and it didn't leave a mark. Apparently the screen is already scratch resistant.

    I just thought I would let ya know.

    Phil
    oh crap I would have slapped that guy LOL
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default haha

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaag27 View Post
    oh crap I would have slapped that guy LOL
    Almost happened.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjwatson104 View Post
    Almost happened.
    The slap still should happen. The Oleophobic coating is just that, a coating. It's not if, but WHEN will this coating wear off. With that in mind surely you'll agree rubbing anything abrasive on it is not going to lengthen the life of that coating
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Posting Permissions

B