1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got it-

Extremely solid and well built. UI feels as good as it looks. App store is huge. Tweakers dream come true.

Exchange seems stable as does gmail. LED indicators out of the box- OS seems very mature for a 1.5 rev.

Keyboard is nice- but still breaking myslef in. Auto correction is just as good as iphone imo. Have a scene for the week, and another for the weekend. Pretty cool feature- I dont need to look at the calender widget all weekend and see that I have a conference call Monday morning.

Voice quality is superb- signal strength seems pretty good so far.

I cant get over how solid and well built it is. As much as I love the Pre, and I really do it is cheap and plastic feeling.

This is a power users device.

I'm still adjusting to this keyboard. I'm coming from a Pre, and a line of Treos before it. A virtual keyboard for me is SO HARD.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts

Turning off the haptic feedback makes the keyboard much more usable; try it out.

I also thought that turning off haptic feed back and sound sped things up a little and reduced any keyboard lag.

D

How can you turn off the haptic feedback? I have not be able to figure that out yet.

Settings > Locale & Text > Touch Input > Text Input > Vibrate When Typing

There is also a calibration utility that seems to help a lot.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920

I'm waiting for mine still to arrive. can't wait
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts

Just did the calibration, thanks.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

The phone has been absolutely great for me so far. I really put my phones to the test the first few days i receive them to study how they react in certain situations. The Hero is very will designed and the Android operating system is great. The phone stopped receiving text messages at one point, but a reboot fixed that and has been fine since. Can be a bit laggy when switching from portrait to landscape but nothing that is unacceptable. Battery life can be pretty awful, but hey...its a smartphone...its a small price to pay for such an intelligent phone. I will keep posting updates as i figure them out.

turning haptic feedback definitely helps