Coming over from a Pre and Precentral

mobilehavoc

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Just picked up an HTC Hero at a local Sprint store on Sat 10/10. Loving it so far.

I'm on the hunt for a good screen protector in a store because I don't want to have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. Any ideas? Will a screen protector for another HTC device work? I just need it to cover the screen, don't care if it's not especially contoured for the Hero.

I have my 16GB microSDHC on order so that should be here Tuesday and I don't plan on putting any cases on it since the phone is stunning when it's naked.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
You're gonna have to go with a universal one; or maybe check out the MyTouch screen protectors at the T-Mobile stores.

cyberstven

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone. I currently have a pre and would like to also have a hero. I have been having trouble deciding how to do this since sprint doesn't have SIM cards. I was wondering if any of you could shed some light as to what type of data plan(s) you are using and if you have 2 lines and what not? Do you think its worth getting both? I love the Pre and have always wanted an Android phone. Also, do you know if there is any type of modding/ homebrew scene for Android? Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much!

cybrspidey

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Gave up my PRE too!!

I tell you what! In the past few months, I have used the Palm Pre, the Blackberry Tour... and now, I have simply experienced something worth all the hype: The HTC Hero on Sprint. I love it. This phone rocks!! In my humble opinion, it can do all the BB can do and more, and it's OS blows away the Palm Pre. I can't wait to see all that it can do!

Luisgb

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone. I currently have a pre and would like to also have a hero. I have been having trouble deciding how to do this since sprint doesn't have SIM cards. I was wondering if any of you could shed some light as to what type of data plan(s) you are using and if you have 2 lines and what not? Do you think its worth getting both? I love the Pre and have always wanted an Android phone. Also, do you know if there is any type of modding/ homebrew scene for Android? Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much!

as far as plans go, for a single line the 69.99 450 everything data plan is unbeatable... you get unlimited texts, data usage, and best of all, unlimited calls to ANY cell phone on ANY carrier as long as it's a US number and you're on Sprint's network (not roaming).

If you want to have both phones with two lines, then I'd suggest the 1500 everything data share plan that gives you the same unlimited texts, data, and cell phone calls plus 1500 minutes for landline and 800# calls, all for 129.99/mo

esanger02

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I got my Hero at BB and i just bought a pack of the $7.99 universal screen protecters and cut it to fit, they give you a grid to work with, but it was pretty easy to install and it looks great and feels nice, its the only thing you can really do at this point.

themyst

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I got my Hero at BB and i just bought a pack of the $7.99 universal screen protecters and cut it to fit, they give you a grid to work with, but it was pretty easy to install and it looks great and feels nice, its the only thing you can really do at this point.

Order a 3-pack of Hero screen protectors from Amazon. I'm sure you can hold out for a few days.

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm coming from the precentral.net forums too. They're a really touchy lot this weekend -- be careful about discussing the Hero over there. ;-)
I just bought a Hero this afternoon and switched my line from my Pre over to the Hero in the store. If I don't think the Hero is better before 30 days, I can take the Hero back and switch my line back to the Pre. I'll be out a $35 restocking fee apparently if I do turn the Hero back in.