WiFi Issues

VDubb22

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else suffering from an issue where the Hero can't find, let alone connect to, an N-router in Mixed Mode? WPA2 and WPA work when set independent of one another, but mixed-mode fails.

- VDubb

RhinoDoc

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I can see all of my neighbors wifi, but am unable to connect to my own wireless N. I don't know what the solution is or if this will be a dealbreaker for me. I don't use internet that much at home on my phone, but it is a a PITA.

rajesh266

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I m told that once I upgrade to Android v1.6, this problem shd resolve. But orange in UK is yet 2 come out with upgrade!

kona2day

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I had this same problem with my router. You have to change it to "B G mixed". For some reason it will not work with N and it won't work if you have all 3 (N, B, and G) mixed. I have the Linksys WRT160N (version 2) and I had to switch it to BG mixed and then it worked. Luckily I have no devices that use N so I am ok.

Hopefully there will be an upgrade where it will work. My Pre was able to find it when all 3 were working. So it is something with the Hero and Android.

Last edited:

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
ttt -

I'm using an Apple AirPort Extreme router, which supports N, B, and G. Everything else in the house connects just fine, but the Hero sometimes won't reconnect when I come home without cycling the wifi on and off. Not a big problem, but annoying. The 1.5 update didn't resolve this, so I'm hoping the upcoming 2.1 update will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude