Loud Vibration

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My Hero makes way too much noise while vibrating. When my phone is vibrating everybody around me looks at me like "what the heck is that making that loud noise". This defeats the point of vibration which is that only u know the phone is ringing.

Is this an isolated issue on my phone????
Does anybody else have this problem????

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I think this may be a device specific issue... because my Hero doesn't vibrate loud enough for me. I'm legally deaf and can't hear most ringtones - unless it's quiet in the room or area - and so I usually have to use vibrate.

Just in case I'm wrong, are you using default settings and have you rooted your device?

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I almost wish I had that problem. I can barely even feel it when my phone vibrates. If I have it in a belt clip or pouch, it is almost undetectable. I keep it in my pocket when I need to have it on vibrate only so I at least have a chance of feeling the vibration!

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Now that u guys mention it, when my phone vibrates, I probaly know because of the noise and not vibration itself. I guess its bad both ways. I hate the fact that when I'm in meetings and my phone vibs everybody looks at me. On handcent sms I can alter the vibration pattern so I use a very short ms setting so I get 2 really short vibrations an that works fine for me but only works for texts. I wish there was an app for modyfing vibration settings.

renilyn

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I almost wish I had that problem. I can barely even feel it when my phone vibrates. If I have it in a belt clip or pouch, it is almost undetectable. I keep it in my pocket when I need to have it on vibrate only so I at least have a chance of feeling the vibration!

Im with you!!! Coming from a RIM device where the vibration is PERFECT, I have to say that the Hero is more than disappointing in that area.

renilyn

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I wish mine vibrated more. I had it in my pocket and didn't feel a single thing.

You know... that is the only feature that I miss off my Blackberry. Vibration you can actually feel.

I think if the OP thinks its too loud, then there may be another issue and it'd be wise to take it back for inspection.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
My Hero makes way too much noise while vibrating. When my phone is vibrating everybody around me looks at me like "what the heck is that making that loud noise". This defeats the point of vibration which is that only u know the phone is ringing.

Is this an isolated issue on my phone????
Does anybody else have this problem????

When it's making the noise, is it in a case? A holster? In your hand? On a table?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome