Battery Length

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my battery. I have everything shut off except my email coming in every hour. I can bearly seem to get through the day with the phone. I make a few phone calls, text, web surf a bit, and facebook. I've also got the screen turned down almost all the way. I've never had an android phone before. Am I expecting to much from the battery?

spilger126

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
i'm having the same problems it seems. i unplugged at about 9am today and got to about 430 when i looked and realized i had 20% left. lame. supposedly in prerelease testing, it's been getting 2 days on moderate use. considering i haven't been making any phone calls or texting because i still have my verizon line, this is sorta rough. any one else have these problems?

Wiseguy158

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I purposely let mine drain to shut off earlier today and went to full recharge at about 1pm...its now almost 8pm and I'm at 85% w/ moderate use.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Pulled mine off the charger about 2pm. Been running WiFi and BT since, still have 48% according to my battery widget at 11pm. I'm not complaining :)

Last edited:

mabmarc#WP

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Is there a good program to show how much the phone was actually used? Something like the iphone (hate to say that) has.

Maybe something that tells us which programs are using the most cpu, would also be good. Mine isn't making it through the day either. I have a lot of 3rd party apps installed. Not sure how many are background processes off hand.

Luisgb

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Is there a good program to show how much the phone was actually used? Something like the iphone (hate to say that) has.

Maybe something that tells us which programs are using the most cpu, would also be good. Mine isn't making it through the day either. I have a lot of 3rd party apps installed. Not sure how many are background processes off hand.

I'd download Task Manager 1.10.7, it doesnt really tell you how much each program is using in the background but it at least lets you shut the ones you dont need down... great free app

spilger126

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
i'd heard that the 1.6 update will help with battery life. does anyone know when this is getting rolled out to us? i know tmo is getting it for the G1 and myTouch now, and sprint is releasing the Moment WITH 1.6.

kona2day

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Just something I have learned recently. My pre would get pretty good battery time while I was at work. One day within about 3 hours my phone was just about dead. While looking at it. I noticed that instead of Ev I was at 1x. I found out later that there was a cell site down for a number of days. After the site was fixed it went back to Ev and my battery was fine again.

Just something to consider if you battery is draining really fast. Just check your EVDO connection.

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site

there's two. One is called netmeter the other is drain-o-meter.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my battery. I have everything shut off except my email coming in every hour. I can bearly seem to get through the day with the phone. I make a few phone calls, text, web surf a bit, and facebook. I've also got the screen turned down almost all the way. I've never had an android phone before. Am I expecting to much from the battery?

What's your signal like? My battery seems pretty good when I have decent signal. I was in an area with 0our coverage today and the battery drain was horrible. I know the signal has been discussed in other forums as having an impact on the battery performance.

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm fairly certain my hero has a problem. I'm gonna try and exchange it if i can find a best biy that has any. It won't turn the led from Orange to green unless I turn the off then back on with it plugged in. I had the phone off the charger for 1.5 hours and it was already down without touching it, with fairly decent signal strength.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm fairly certain my hero has a problem. I'm gonna try and exchange it if i can find a best biy that has any. It won't turn the led from Orange to green unless I turn the off then back on with it plugged in. I had the phone off the charger for 1.5 hours and it was already down without touching it, with fairly decent signal strength.

That sounds like something may be wrong. I've turned off the GPS Location setting as I found this caused faster drain but nothing like what you are experiencing. Please let us know your experience as this (in my use of the HERO) doesn't seem to be "normal" for the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37