Your contats - Google or Phone?

How are you handling your contacts?

• Total voters

Wiseguy158

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
So, the Hero shows duplicated contacts by default (which can easily be turned off, so as to show repeated contacts once). How are people handling their contacts? Are you just hiding repeats? Are you switching all your contacts to Google? Are you switching them all to phone? What would be the benefit of fully switching to one or the other? If you are switching all to one or the other, is there a fast/easy way to do it (aside from just entering in missing contacts and deleting from the other location?

**I understand I misspelled "contacts" in the title...yes, there should be another c**

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I moved all my contacts to google for back up reasons. It's easier if anything happens to get them back.

Ditto. This is my personal phone for the time being, so I have no need to sync to Outlook or my Exchange server. If the phone comtinues to impress me as it has, I'll be getting rid of my other blackberry and using a Hero for business as well and use only Exchange.

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I've always had all my contacts in Outlook at work and synced them to whatever phone I've had. Now with Android it's easy - sync Contacts to Google using CompanionLink and then the phone just picks them up as and when.

D

Angelo921

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I've always had all my contacts in Outlook at work and synced them to whatever phone I've had. Now with Android it's easy - sync Contacts to Google using CompanionLink and then the phone just picks them up as and when.

D

where do you find CompanionLink? I dont see it in the Market.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I have always had my contacts over on Google, just makes things easier if you should ever have to replace your phone. With my BB I've always used Google Sync and thank the tech gods I did with the number of times I had to replace the Curve and the Tour.

Angelo921

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I sync my Hero with my Google contacts but only from a particular group that I have created in my Gmail's contact list otherwise it will sync to my Hero everyone and anyone that I send an email to from my desktop Gmail account.

kriEv

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of adding my contacts on Google but doesn't it give them the right to view them, its like giving my friend's personal info to them. It's great as a backup, I donno, I'm hesitating.

doneve141

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Mine are on Google for now. My Hero did it by default. I am looking at pros and cons as to leave it or change it. I like the back up, I'll probably leave it.

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I sync my Hero with my Google contacts but only from a particular group that I have created in my Gmail's contact list otherwise it will sync to my Hero everyone and anyone that I send an email to from my desktop Gmail account.

How do you do this?? I can't find an option on my Sprint HTC Hero or Google account to limit Sync to certain group only.

Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC