Post All Hero 2.1 Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you. I am tired of the waiting. However, I won't be going back to my BlackBerry. I'm pissed off, but not that pissed. I will stick it out with the Hero until I am satisfied with an update.

Lol I spoke on high emotion

I will NEVER go back to my BB

Im just impatient and tired of the lag, constant pic mail failing and lack of 3D gallery/Live Wallpaper/Access to more apps

I came across this page that states the update will occur at the end of April

HTC Hero Getting 2.1 At The End Of April: Confirmed | Android Community

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
That looks like the European version of the Hero. That doesn't dictate when Sprint will release the update. This is getting frustrating. Maybe you had the right idea in the first place. Maybe I should go back to my berry too.

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I mean...

I'd be willing to bet Sprint won't release it until the EVO comes out... that was their M.O. for 5.0 on the Blackberry... they held back until the release of the Tour.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I doubt that

The Evo won't be released until June/The summer time

Sprint has stated (weeks ago) that the 2.1 update will be released in the coming weeks...

I can't see them releasing that statement, backtracking and releasing it months later

dr.ballzee

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to a rep on Tuesday that stated it was the 16th which has now passed!
I would like to see 2.1 before I start hacking on this new phone!
I must say though....I love my Hero! :D

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Question why not just take the time to root and flash the 2.1 leak? I bet the leak is just as good if not better then what sprint will give us.

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that

The Evo won't be released until June/The summer time

Sprint has stated (weeks ago) that the 2.1 update will be released in the coming weeks...

I can't see them releasing that statement, backtracking and releasing it months later

Which is exactly what they did with 5.0 on the blackberry... if the statements were true we would have had the update in the first quarter like they promised before the end of 2009. If you haven't figured it out yet... the statements don't hold water.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Which is exactly what they did with 5.0 on the blackberry... if the statements were true we would have had the update in the first quarter like they promised before the end of 2009. If you haven't figured it out yet... the statements don't hold water.

I see...
I think I might root it today instead of waiting on Sprint
hopefully it's not as hard as it seems

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

I don't believe HTC or Sprint ever said Q1 2010...it has been first half this whole time...

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I see...
I think I might root it today instead of waiting on Sprint
hopefully it's not as hard as it seems

Its a lot easier then it looks, i thought the samething. Just take the time to read the "how to" and ask questions if you need help.;):cool:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
ok... what is the latest on the update for Cellular South HTC HERO? I just found a download file on HTC's site (HTC Sync Update for HERO (Sprint) (2.0.33) | 04.23.2010).... Looks like it is for Sprint version. Can anyone confirm if you can install this update on the Cellularsouth version without bricking anything with respect to Cellular South? ............ Holla back peeps.

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
sorry.. it is early here... lol..... i see that it is just the HTC Sync software update. nevermind about that.. But I still wonder what the latest is on the android 2.1 update for Cellular South and Sprint Hero's. Anybody? Anybody?

licotto

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not Sprint...it's HTC. I have an HTC Eris on Verizon and don't have 2.1 yet either! However, supposedly the new HTC Droid Incredible is coming with it -so that should mean that the update is ready for other HTC products! ...at least, that's MY logic!

NBenn8021

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The main problem with the update coming in the future is that the carriers are trying to figure out how to issue the update whether it is an OTA or manual or go to the Sprint stores to have them up date it.

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
seems crazy that we can't get a solid "yes it is coming, but we can't say when" out of either HTC or Cell South or Sprint. I mean.. well.. take this for what it is worth but while talking to an online rep (and yes it was a real rep not a bot).. I did get them to say that the cell south Hero is going to get the 2.1 update, but they couldn't provide a date. So maybe we did just get one, but then again.. they could say anything they want I guess. LOL

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
seems crazy that we can't get a solid "yes it is coming, but we can't say when" out of either HTC or Cell South or Sprint. I mean.. well.. take this for what it is worth but while talking to an online rep (and yes it was a real rep not a bot).. I did get them to say that the cell south Hero is going to get the 2.1 update, but they couldn't provide a date. So maybe we did just get one, but then again.. they could say anything they want I guess. LOL

What're you talking about? Sprint has said it's definitely coming for a few months now. They still haven't announced when, but they very clearly said it WILL come.

Status
Not open for further replies.