Post All Hero 2.1 Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

troypolla

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Android update

You guys may want to take this with a grain of salt, but the other day when talking to my (Cellular south) Rep. I asked them if we were going to get an android update anytime soon. To which she replied should be sometime the end of this month. I know most of these reps are the last to know this stuff, but just to let anyone know who has Cellular South to look out for it. I hope.

bbrosen

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have cellular south and I hope it's true, but I have been told several times late june...maybe they were just under promising, one can hope....

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Engadget said:
We've known for ages that HTC's been working on yanking its custom-skinned Hero off of Cupcake's rusty frame, but so far, the only way to drop Android 2.0 or 2.1 on your phone has been to cheat, root, and load a custom or leaked ROM in place of the official first-party firmware. If you're too straightedge for that, though, keep the faith -- your binary isn't too far off. PR released today indicates that we can expect the Hero to get an Android 2.1 update with Sense in "mid March" according to HTC's Benelux team, and it'll feature a new Friend Stream widget that aggregates user updates across services (presumably a nod to Blur), tweaked Exchange support, and a handful of other goodies. This isn't necessarily indicative of when Hero versions in other regions (Sprint's version, for instance) will pick it up, but it's a solid start.

Source

Hope it's true..

Last edited:

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping for it too... not to mention, the cool integrated 'Friend's Stream' addon/update to People that HTC has for 2.0+ sounds great

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Sprint is way behind, as usual.

Actually Sprint got the new blackberry update before Verizon did. I think they are slowly getting better at being in line with everyone else. But considering no hero has it at this point I fail to see how they are behind anyone.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
So if HTC Desire & Legend are releasing April 12th..

Doesn't that mean we'll get Android 2.1 with new Sense update for Hero sometime around that date, if not on that date since these two phones have HTC Sense and run 2.1? Just a thought..

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
It would make sense. I see your thouhgt process. But usually things never work out that easy. So really I don't think it means a thing, just cuz companies don't always logically do things like that.

Darkshneider

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
User fr33k0z0id over at XDA posted the following:

"I work in ATS for Sprint, and according to information I have received, the official release date for the 2.1 update is set for 3/26. So there you go, take it or leave it."

Link.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
User fr33k0z0id over at XDA posted the following:

"I work in ATS for Sprint, and according to information I have received, the official release date for the 2.1 update is set for 3/26. So there you go, take it or leave it."

Link.

YAY, sounds good. At least its before I graduate. Only 20 more days, and now that I start classes again, I'll have something to take my mind off my phone. My gf was starting to get jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX