saving email attachment

jaded

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten several pictures via email. I can find no function that will allow me to save the file to my phone. I can see it. I just cant save it.

What am I missing?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Long press? I'll send myself a picture and let you know... also which app are you using as it may be different for different apps?

edit:
Mail: click view attachment --> tap the icon to the left of the attachment, save to SD card (I believe it saves it to All Downloads)
Gmail: click download --> it shows the picture, it is saved in a folder called "Other"
The folders may be backwards as I used the same picture for both.

Last edited:

jaded

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So I sent myself a test picture and it's as simple as hitting menu. But the original email won't let me save the picture. It has to be something about the way it was sent.

It was sent via iPhone. I'm going to blame that and move on... thanks for the help

P.S. does anyone know where the temp pics are held in the file structure?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, can't help you out there. I don't know anyone with an iPhone (seriously, ATT's coverage in Florida is absolute garbage... CDMA for the win). So I can't have anyone send me pics to e-mail on that. When my girlfriend gets home, I'll have her send me a picture on her ipod touch, should be the same as iphone. She just has no internet access where she is.

Here is your update sent from a picture mail from ipod touch:
gmail: scroll down to bottom of page and click download (fetching attachment) picture is saved to ALL DOWNLOADS in SD card and can be viewed in albums.
Mail application: open message--> view attachment--> click icon to the left--> click on paper clip--> save to sd card--> picture was saved to All downloads as well.

Last edited:

Luclarie

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi -- New to smartphones -- but I did figure out. Once you open the photo attachment and see it, then go to gallery and it will be in your downloads, you can move it from there :)

butron

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and none of the "solutions" above work. My phone is a Moto X with ATT and 1) there is no icon to the leff>> paper clip, etc and 2) No, the picture does not go to the gallery. If I click on the jpg attachment, the photo expands and then I have the option to "save", "share", "save all", "share all". So I did a save and can't find the picture anywhere. I downloaded a file manager application and a search on the sdcard says nothing found, a search on the device takes a long time and shows nothing either. If anybody has a real answer please post.