Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What Apps/Widgets do you have loaded on your HTC Hero?

    This phone is awesome and they community is just as great. Share your apps/widgets!
  2. #2  
    jhilker's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

    Default

    I didn't add this one, but the compass in Google Maps makes Street View simply incredible! 360 degree movement!

    Also found a nice file manager, but doesn't allow for file movement. Anyone found one that does?
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  3. #3  
    jhilker's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

    Default

    Also, just discovered Teeter today. Very addictive! Any other neat games that male good use of the touchscreen?
    Last edited by hilker09; 10-15-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  4. #4  

    Default

    Here are the apps/games/widgets that I have and will probably keep:

    -Abduction! (game): fun little time killing game...bounce a cow up a series of platforms
    -Backgammon (game): its backgammon, the game. play against ppl around the world
    -Battery Widget (widget): 1x1 widget that shows your battery level. also has switches for bluetooth, gps, and wifi
    -Bonsai Blast (game): fun pop the bubbles/defense type game, pretty good graphics
    -Cestos (game): really cool online game, knock other peoples marbles into a pit. more strategy than action
    -ChompSMS (program): run it instead of the regular msg program. displays sms' like the iphone (bubbles), has options for free texting through the chomp network (but im not sure how that works)
    -Facebook for Android (widget): official facebook widget
    -Farm Frenzy Lite (game): fun multitasking on a farm game. good time killer, has about 8(?) levels on the lite version
    -Flashlight (program): my power went out the other night, this came in handy
    -Hungry! (program): shopping/todo list creator. cross off items as you get them. color code tasks
    -Hyperspace Lite (game): roll your marble along a 3d path, trying to beat the clock and not fall off the edge
    -Pandora (widget): official pandora, online radio/jukebox widget
    -SomaView Free (program): augmented reality program w/ a good amount of customization
    -Splat! Bugs II (game): fun time killer, squash the bugs running across your screen. gets fast after a few levels
    -Task Manager 1.10.7 (program): its a good program that helps you keep control of items running in the backgorund
    -Red Poker Club: Texas Hold'em (game): online poker - graphics could be better, but a lot of people to play with
    -Sticky Note (widget): creates "sticky notes" you can place on your scenes as quick note/reminders. just and easy notepad w/ some cool graphics
    -Trap (game): trap enough of the screen without letting the little balls hit your lines
    -Trapster (program): user ran police speed trap/checkpoint real time map. not sure how accurate it is yet, havent used it too much
    -TuneWiki (widget): 4x1 widget that replaced the music widgets that came w/ my phone. has some cool options such as showing lyrics and where else in the world the song is playing at that time

    Quite a few apps downloaded. I have a couple other games as well, but nothing really notable. With all these downloaded, and running from the internal storage (not the SD), I still have 90mb remaining and really dont notice lag.

    What's everyone else have? Am I missing anything really good?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy158 View Post
    Here are the apps/games/widgets that I have and will probably keep:

    -Abduction! (game): fun little time killing game...bounce a cow up a series of platforms
    -Backgammon (game): its backgammon, the game. play against ppl around the world
    -Battery Widget (widget): 1x1 widget that shows your battery level. also has switches for bluetooth, gps, and wifi
    -Bonsai Blast (game): fun pop the bubbles/defense type game, pretty good graphics
    -Cestos (game): really cool online game, knock other peoples marbles into a pit. more strategy than action
    -ChompSMS (program): run it instead of the regular msg program. displays sms' like the iphone (bubbles), has options for free texting through the chomp network (but im not sure how that works)
    -Facebook for Android (widget): official facebook widget
    -Farm Frenzy Lite (game): fun multitasking on a farm game. good time killer, has about 8(?) levels on the lite version
    -Flashlight (program): my power went out the other night, this came in handy
    -Hungry! (program): shopping/todo list creator. cross off items as you get them. color code tasks
    -Hyperspace Lite (game): roll your marble along a 3d path, trying to beat the clock and not fall off the edge
    -Pandora (widget): official pandora, online radio/jukebox widget
    -SomaView Free (program): augmented reality program w/ a good amount of customization
    -Splat! Bugs II (game): fun time killer, squash the bugs running across your screen. gets fast after a few levels
    -Task Manager 1.10.7 (program): its a good program that helps you keep control of items running in the backgorund
    -Red Poker Club: Texas Hold'em (game): online poker - graphics could be better, but a lot of people to play with
    -Sticky Note (widget): creates "sticky notes" you can place on your scenes as quick note/reminders. just and easy notepad w/ some cool graphics
    -Trap (game): trap enough of the screen without letting the little balls hit your lines
    -Trapster (program): user ran police speed trap/checkpoint real time map. not sure how accurate it is yet, havent used it too much
    -TuneWiki (widget): 4x1 widget that replaced the music widgets that came w/ my phone. has some cool options such as showing lyrics and where else in the world the song is playing at that time

    Quite a few apps downloaded. I have a couple other games as well, but nothing really notable. With all these downloaded, and running from the internal storage (not the SD), I still have 90mb remaining and really dont notice lag.

    What's everyone else have? Am I missing anything really good?
    That looks really good.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Sportstab is a good sports app
  7. #7  

    Default

    Handcent (until they get the bug in native sms app fixed)
    locale + sync and sms plugins (switches device services on and off based on time or location. GREAT battery saver)
    Advanced Task Manager (keeps footprints and HTC twitter client from starting, as well as auto cleans memory)
    Battery Widget (same as poster above)
    Twitdroid (Twitter client)
    Barcode Scanner (must have, especially useful with )
    gTasks (syncs with google tasks)
    WeFi (automatic WiFi scanner and connects to strongest access point)
    Sprint Telenav
    Docs To Go full version
  8. #8  

    Default

    Widgets:
    HTC Clock/Weather
    HTC Calander
    HTC Next Day Agenda
    HTC People
    HTC Airplane mode
    HTC Bluetooth
    HTC Wi-Fi
    HTC GPS
    Astrid
    Pandora

    Shortcuts
    Android Market
    Browser
    People
    Mail
    Where
    Messages
    Voicemail
    Taskiller
    Astro
    Calculator
    Amazon.com
    Facebook
    Peep
    Astraware Sudoku

    Bookmarks
    Evernote Mobile
    Weight Watchers Mobile
    Last edited by slbailey1; 10-16-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Palm V => Palm Zire 31 => Palm Tungsten E => Palm 700WX => Sprint Touch => Sprint Hero => Droid Incredible => Galaxy Nexus
  9. #9  

    Default

    So far, I've installed the following:

    AK Notepad - popular notes app, with reminder function
    Astrid - to do / task manager
    Battery Level widget
    BeyondPod - podcast/RSS reader, not as good as DRPodder, but looks promising
    Brightness Level widget - tap to change brightness level; the auto-brightness setting doesn't seem to work consistently
    Facebook
    Google Skymap - shows sky objects at your location
    Google Listen - podcast player, not very good
    Task Manager - less confusing than TasKiller
    WiFi Analyzer - sniffer
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920
  10. #10  

    Default

    UPDATE:

    I uninstalled Google Listen -- it wasn't updating feeds reliably. BeyondPod looks like a keeper, though. Manages feeds very well, not just podcasts.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920
  11. #11  

    Default

    Handcent SMS is my new favorite app;

    Screen pops for new messages and you can respond right in the pop-up
    When sending mms, it will ask you to scale the picture if it is too big
    iphone like "bubbles" (other options too)
    Multiple vibration alert options, long, short, 2 short, etc.
    Very configurable, stable, fast.

    I love this little app and highly reccomnend it.
  12. #12  
    Quis89's Avatar

    Posts
    548 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hilker09 View Post
    Also, just discovered Teeter today. Very addictive! Any other neat games that male good use of the touchscreen?
    Armadillo Roll. If you enjoy Teeter....after getting used to this game you'll love it.
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    Quis89's Avatar

    Posts
    548 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by les anderson View Post
    Handcent SMS is my new favorite app;

    Screen pops for new messages and you can respond right in the pop-up
    When sending mms, it will ask you to scale the picture if it is too big
    iphone like "bubbles" (other options too)
    Multiple vibration alert options, long, short, 2 short, etc.
    Very configurable, stable, fast.

    I love this little app and highly reccomnend it.
    Is there a way to make that your default SMS client? I removed it because it then caused double notifications with that as well as the stock SMS client. I would then have to bouce between just to close the notifications.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    Is there a way to make that your default SMS client? I removed it because it then caused double notifications with that as well as the stock SMS client. I would then have to bouce between just to close the notifications.

Posting Permissions

B