Can't delete an app from my wifes Hero

DaveW5150

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey gang, my wife and I just got Heros yesterday and so far we love it! (Both of us came from the Pre). Anyway, my wife installed an app that she no longer wants. When she holds her finger on it so that she can move it, then moves it to Remove at the bottom, it takes her to the home screen. When you pop up the app list again, there it is again! Weird.

GoofyGirl

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey gang, my wife and I just got Heros yesterday and so far we love it! (Both of us came from the Pre). Anyway, my wife installed an app that she no longer wants. When she holds her finger on it so that she can move it, then moves it to Remove at the bottom, it takes her to the home screen. When you pop up the app list again, there it is again! Weird.

You have to go into settings - applications - manage applications. Find the app you want to delete and uninstall it right there.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Open the market app on her phone, go to My Downloads, select the app and uninstall. Assuming you got it from the Market. This allows you to rate the app for other users, as well as give feedback why you're deleting it.

DaveW5150

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
You have to go into settings - applications - manage applications. Find the app you want to delete and uninstall it right there.

Here's the weird thing, these apps show up in the app grid, but when you go into "Manage Applications", they don't. Now I've got a few apps I downloaded to mine that I no longer want and it's doing the same thing. Is this a Hero bug or an Android bug?

I'll try doing it from the Android market, didn't know I could do that there.

CUlaw78

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Here's the weird thing, these apps show up in the app grid, but when you go into "Manage Applications", they don't. Now I've got a few apps I downloaded to mine that I no longer want and it's doing the same thing. Is this a Hero bug or an Android bug?

I'll try doing it from the Android market, didn't know I could do that there.

Did you try resetting the phone?

ICON76

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Can i delete the apps that came on the phone?I was wanting to get rid the stocks app since i never really use it and free up some space.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm