pushing email?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
ok i now own a blackberry and am thinking of going to the hero but i NEED my work email pushed to my device.
we use outlook and i can access it from a mobile site so i have my berry pull the email from the outlook web access site so the mail gets pushed as soon as i recieve the message.
i dont know if it helps but the remote site is https:webmail.company name.com

please let me know because i am sick and tired of waiting for the damn tour 2, lol

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The way I got around this is this:
I went into my email and set up an automatic forward for every email that comes in to go to my gmail account. That way, as soon as an email comes in, it is immediately sent to my gmail which in turn pushes it out to my Hero. If you can set up a forward on your account, it should work perfectly.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Go to your IT dept @work
The Exchange server needs to be 2007 (or better)
They will need to either:
Create an exception for you on the server to drop the PIN requirement (which they probably won't do)
or
Provide a web certificate.

If they can do either one of those for you, mail contacts and calendar will sync fine. If they can't, it wont.

Quick way to find out - did early Pre's work with the server? If so, Android will as well.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I switched to TouchDown until Android has native OMA/EAS support. TouchDown supports push BTW. Comes with a price tag ($20) for a feature that should be native for ANY smartphone these days IMHO but works great until Andy Rubin can finish his masterpiece ;-)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Go to your IT dept @work
The Exchange server needs to be 2007 (or better)
They will need to either:
Create an exception for you on the server to drop the PIN requirement (which they probably won't do)
or
Provide a web certificate.

If they can do either one of those for you, mail contacts and calendar will sync fine. If they can't, it wont.

Quick way to find out - did early Pre's work with the server? If so, Android will as well.

well i did a little bit of diggin and it looks like we use the 2003 and not 2007

I switched to TouchDown until Android has native OMA/EAS support. TouchDown supports push BTW. Comes with a price tag ($20) for a feature that should be native for ANY smartphone these days IMHO but works great until Andy Rubin can finish his masterpiece ;-)

wow 20 bucks. i would just hate to get it to find that it does not work right on our servers.
that would be my luck, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2