How to delete apps.

manyratt

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to totally delete from my phone the default message program that came with the HTC Hero (sprint) I use the handscent app, but the other continues to give me problems. It is stuck on my home page. TKS

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure that you really should delete the stock messaging app. To my knowledge, handcent works WITH the stock app. You can always "hide" the icon or set up to make handcent the default messaging app.... but, I'd sbe real hesitant to delete stock messaging. Doing that may disable your device's ability to send SMS or MMS.

That may be one of the reasons you're having difficulty removing it - the system is trying to tell you something - listen to it.

manyratt

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
sms

OK thks, I was able to get it unstuck from my homepage. Now I'm not receiving duplicate messages. So I will just leave it alone.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
rm -r /system/app/MySMS.*

You would need to be rooted.
BUT - then the only thing you can do is recieve SMS from handcent or chomp. No sending texts, sending or recieving MMS.
In other words, don't do it.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
OK thks, I was able to get it unstuck from my homepage. Now I'm not receiving duplicate messages. So I will just leave it alone.

you're probably receiving dup because you have the stock notification on. Open the stock notification app and turn the notifications off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20