bluetooth issues with jabra bt8040

rsbenedict

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a Jabra bt8040 and it has issues with connecting to the hero.

It says it's connected when it's not. It won't connect unless I turn off bluetooth and then turn it back on and sometimes it will only turn on phone mode or sometimes phone and media mode.

What's up?

I'm used to having bluetooth on at all times and when I turn my earpiece on, that it automatically turns on with my cell phone (instinct and pre previously). But now, I have to play bluetooth gymnastics to get it to connect.

This is a big issue for me. I didn't buy a cheap earpiece. It cost nearly $100 and I've had no issues with no other phone, but if I have to keep playing with it to connect, it is reason enough to send the phone back.

esanger02

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I wish i had an answer for you...i havent had a single bluetooth problem with my hero yet. I have a bluetooth headset, bluetooth car kit, and bluetooth mac laptop that i connect it to. I also downloaded the app that turns bluetooth on and off with just 1 click from the android market.

redram38

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I have Jabra BT530 and Jabra SP700 car kit and I have issues with both staying connected. I am now wondering if the issue is on Jabra BT devices. Does anyone that does not have issues use Jabra, and, or could it be with AD2P BT devices. Both of mine are Ad2P or it may be A2DP.

Oh and it also caused a memory leak as well. Mine was 106 last night and now it is down to 71 without adding squat. The connecting issue sucks memory from the phone and the only way to get it back is to Factory Reset the phone. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

stonehamandroid

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue and had to replace the phone. Tried another one today and still had the issue but turning off Bluetooth and powering off the phone brought the leaked memory back. I had two different Bluetooth stereo headsets from Motorola. I had a few sales clerks tell me they had no issues but they are all using a single earpiece not stereo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2