Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I created the two directories with Astro File Manager, downloaded a notification from the browser and moved into the notifications folder using Astro and it worked fine. I didn't have to reset or anything. I haven't tried the ringtone folder yet.
    OK, im having an issue with astro file manager.. how do i get it to create folders? i am new to this phone.. just got it.. figured out how to get the ring tones.. and did to the folder creation through windows explorer.. but wanted to know how to do it on the phone..

Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by FutureDroidUser View Post
    I have attempted to set up .mp3 files for my alarms, but have been unsuccessful. I have followed the direction described on this thread with no luck. Any other options? Thanks.

Also, my phone is the HTC Eris.
    What i did.. was created the folder on the sd card.. then pop out the card.. then pop it back in.. and they showed up..

Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Does anyone know how to add individual ring tones (for sms) for individual contacts?
    You can do it thru Handcent (settings in the conversation w/the person) but there isn't a setting on the phone for individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    On your SD card, /media/audio/notifications is where you store files to use for app notifications. /media/audio/ringtones is where you store files to use as phone ringtones.

If these folders aren't there, just create them.
    i have the droid incredible , i want to set uo a ring tone for mail received such as you ve got mail when i put it for the phone it comes up in the list when i go to do it for mail it is not in the list. any answers? thanks

Default Re: Change SMS Ringtone?

i luv u my friend you solve my problem....... folder creation works

I have added a file in /media/audio/notifications, which now shows in the list for sound notification, but still when i test the sms tone is not changing, there are is only 1 file. I rebooted phone still no luck. Anyone has any guess why this is happening ?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: Change SMS Ringtone?

Now Way you mentioned don't work anymore ,,,

you can try this way to change message tone for android

How To Change Message Tone On Galaxy S

thanks for helping the other guy out.i am new to ANDROID and i need to change the tone for messages to using a MP3. i think
    u have explained how to do that but i have the following questions:
    1. when u say REBOOT do u mean a power cycle or a master-reset ?
    2. how do u access the SD card and see what directories r there and then create one if its not there.

thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by ctaizoon View Post
    1. when u say REBOOT do u mean a power cycle or a master-reset ?
    2. how do u access the SD card and see what directories
    1. Power-cycle
    2. Download a File Explorer App from the Play Store. Here's the one I use (regardless of its name)--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dieval.blueftp

Have read the thread coz I'm just about to scream.
    New Samsung Grand Duos, great phone. BUT…I can't seem to access the ringtones to set as sms tones for individual contacts
    I can set them all as ringtones, but I want to be able to access the same list of ringtones for my sms…HELP PLEASE
    (oh and I'm hoping this is even possible on this phone, or I think I might have a big sook

TIA

If these folders aren't there, just create them.

you can change your sms ringtone to awesome things by an app called zedge, has thousands of ringtones and i like rock music and the 80s so my ringtone is the theme to beverley hills cop with eddie murphy haha xD 80s RULE!!! haha

**** crap diaria **** **** crap crap diaria poopety poopety poopety crap crap diaria

Sir, I THANK YOU FOR THIS! IT TOTALLY WORKS! Good day to you

Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    Does anyone know how to add ringtones for the alarm? The stock tones just don't cut or wake me up.

But if I don`t have SD card, which folder I need to choose?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12