Change SMS Ringtone?

kriEv

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
im having an issue where my ringtones are showing up on that list but they arent playing. all of my ringtones are precut and mp3 format. whats going on?

its gotten to the point where no sounds eminates from my phone at all, not during incoming calls or anything.

Happened to me too, did you make your ringtones yourself? Cuz this happened to me when I made my own. All I did though was re-render the mp3 file and it worked

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

FutureDroidUser

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I have attempted to set up .mp3 files for my alarms, but have been unsuccessful. I have followed the direction described on this thread with no luck. Any other options? Thanks.

Also, my phone is the HTC Eris.

dgrobe2112

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I created the two directories with Astro File Manager, downloaded a notification from the browser and moved into the notifications folder using Astro and it worked fine. I didn't have to reset or anything. I haven't tried the ringtone folder yet.

OK, im having an issue with astro file manager.. how do i get it to create folders? i am new to this phone.. just got it.. figured out how to get the ring tones.. and did to the folder creation through windows explorer.. but wanted to know how to do it on the phone..

Thanks in advance..

I have attempted to set up .mp3 files for my alarms, but have been unsuccessful. I have followed the direction described on this thread with no luck. Any other options? Thanks.

Also, my phone is the HTC Eris.

What i did.. was created the folder on the sd card.. then pop out the card.. then pop it back in.. and they showed up..

Last edited by a moderator:

muscleman10

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
On your SD card, /media/audio/notifications is where you store files to use for app notifications. /media/audio/ringtones is where you store files to use as phone ringtones.

If these folders aren't there, just create them.

i have the droid incredible , i want to set uo a ring tone for mail received such as you ve got mail when i put it for the phone it comes up in the list when i go to do it for mail it is not in the list. any answers? thanks

Kiran Patil

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have added a file in /media/audio/notifications, which now shows in the list for sound notification, but still when i test the sms tone is not changing, there are is only 1 file. I rebooted phone still no luck. Anyone has any guess why this is happening ?

ctaizoon

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
thanks for helping the other guy out.i am new to ANDROID and i need to change the tone for messages to using a MP3. i think
u have explained how to do that but i have the following questions:
1. when u say REBOOT do u mean a power cycle or a master-reset ?
2. how do u access the SD card and see what directories r there and then create one if its not there.

thanks much

tjspryde

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Have read the thread coz I'm just about to scream.
New Samsung Grand Duos, great phone. BUT…I can't seem to access the ringtones to set as sms tones for individual contacts
I can set them all as ringtones, but I want to be able to access the same list of ringtones for my sms…HELP PLEASE
(oh and I'm hoping this is even possible on this phone, or I think I might have a big sook

TIA

Jeffe65er

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If these folders aren't there, just create them.
22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Joyce Johnston

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
you can change your sms ringtone to awesome things by an app called zedge, has thousands of ringtones and i like rock music and the 80s so my ringtone is the theme to beverley hills cop with eddie murphy haha xD 80s RULE!!! haha

**** crap diaria **** **** crap crap diaria poopety poopety poopety crap crap diaria

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress