Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default custom text tones?

is there a way to set a different alert for sms messages from different contacts instead of just one notification for all sms messages?

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

you may need to go to your address book/ people and check the custom settings in there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    stock

you can set a custom ringtone for each contact, but im not sure about sms tones. there isn't an option for it.
    Sam

Blackberry Curve8330 > HTC Hero > HTC Evo > Samsung Epic > HTC Evo Shift
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    stock

maybe i'll be a little more clear. when i get a text from my sister i want it to play ringtone A. when i get a text from my mom i want it to play ringtone B.
    Sam

take a look at ringo pro
    Last edited by choikicks; 02-24-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Android leaves a lot of that sort of functionality open for third party software. Good and bad, but in this case good.

Download Handcent SMS from the market. It's free. It's a complete overhaul of the stock Android messaging app, and one of it's features is the ability to have custom ringtones and vibration patterns fro each contact.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    Android leaves a lot of that sort of functionality open for third party software. Good and bad, but in this case good.

Download Handcent SMS from the market. It's free. It's a complete overhaul of the stock Android messaging app, and one of it's features is the ability to have custom ringtones and vibration patterns fro each contact.
    I've been trying to find the custom ringtone feature in Handcent, but am unable to find it. Could you tell me where I can find it?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

when you start a txt with someone up on top right cornor hit it box pops up choose notifications

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I use ringswitcher. Nice free app, and works with just about any sound selection on the phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    stock

I figured out how to do it thru handcent...thanks
    Sam