Palm pre for hero

joetemp75

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry im not sure where to post this. I just feel better posting it on here than craigs list. I have a palm pre like new except the usb door cover came off. It has had the zagg film cover since i bought it. No Oreo effect. I also have the touchstone charger and all the accessory's that came with it.Looking to trade for a hero. Preferably someone in the bay area so i can meet them.

joetemp75

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
You can post an add in marketplace. I mad the switch also, although because of quality issues, I got my Hero for free.

how do you like the hero. I am a little hesitant cause i love the pre and webos i just am sick of the lag and waiting for things to get fixed. Maybe if it is here in another year or so webos will be awesome. Just not now

joetemp75

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey man. I was the guy switching from the pre. Wel i got my hero a couple of days ago and i have to agree with you, ill never look back. I just had a question about the roms. i put the gumbo bare with the sence and user settings. I was just wondering what you think is the best one and some good tweeks to make it a little better.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually went the other way, I traded in my Hero for the Pre. I do miss some things about the Hero, but the Pre has been pretty good, not too many complaints.

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
@ dwaynewilliams the pre's only good for a few months then it starts going down and sucking very badly I went through 4 pre's then I just got rid of it and go the hero you made a big mistake hopefully you don't have problems with yours but everyone I know that had it hated it after a month or so.

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Palm's quality control is awful on the Pre. There are certainly those that have good luck with theirs, but it would seem that nearly half of the people who buy them have chronic hardware issues. My co-worker went through 4 and gave up, my girlfriend's slider is totally falling apart, I'm on my 2nd and starting to have random reboots and problems with the 3.5mm headphone jack.

At this point I don't care if Palm releases better hardware. I don't trust them and won't be buying their products anymore. If I could do it all over again I'd buy a Hero. I still might get one off ebay and then use my upgrade this summer on the Supersonic :)

antwho888

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
yeah i have the same question. i have my pre right now and i really want to switch to a htc hero. ima be using my sisters upgrade thou because hers is up in two months and shes gonna keep my pre and ima get the htc hero. But, should i just wait until the summer and get the supersonic? Because if i do get the hero then i wont be able to get the supersonic wen it comes out. waht do u guys think?

joetemp75

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
just rumors and about if you should switch to the hero or the supersonic thats all up to you . The pre is a good phone i just got sick of it. I like to hack the software and webos just got stale. besides the company is really falling apart. anyway its up to you

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
@ dwaynewilliams the pre's only good for a few months then it starts going down and sucking very badly I went through 4 pre's then I just got rid of it and go the hero you made a big mistake hopefully you don't have problems with yours but everyone I know that had it hated it after a month or so.

Too late. I have already started to see problems and it became unbearable yesterday and took my Pre back to the store and swapped it for the Hero again. The phone got really hot and the screen seemed to become blotchy because of it.

Last edited:

kindaskimpy

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I too got my Hero after my Palm Pre broke on me... 4 times! I loved webOS and miss it dearly but until Palm gets its act together, Android will be my home, I guess.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I too got my Hero after my Palm Pre broke on me... 4 times! I loved webOS and miss it dearly but until Palm gets its act together, Android will be my home, I guess.

What do you miss about WebOS? I really thought It felt like an incomplete operating system. It was really nice for what it had, but was missing a lot of features. Also, updating the OS was problematic. OTA upgrade didn't work for me. I had to do a web doctor to get it to work properly. I did like the keyboard strangely enough.

nimhero

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Switched from pre to tour because of hardware issues, the tour to hero because of software issues, and love my hero. Android makes me feel complete lol.

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I just took my Pre into Best Buy for repair/exchange under their Geek Squad coverage. Whatever I get back is getting sold on ebay, or worst case taken into Sprint for their cell phone recycling program (they'll give you $100 for a Pre, which is what I paid for mine). WebOS has so much potential, but is lacking in some basic features (T9 in dialer, Voice activated features, decent calendar, visual VM, decent BT performance). Not to mention the hardware is really poor.

So today I made the jump and ordered a new Hero off contract. I know I'll miss the ease of multitasking on the Pre, but I'm very much looking forward to customizing my new Hero and enjoying some features I've been missing.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
you can multi-task on the Hero... just so you know. You don't close a program or what you were doing by hitting home. Holding menu brings up you last 6 apps used for easy switching. Just so you know.

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Not that I'm a big fan or anything, but I have a friend who got his palm pre about 2 months before I got my hero, and my bf got his tour -- and for a long time we didn't hear anything but complaints from him. Recently though, I guess webos got a big update or something because the last few weeks his pre has been zooming.. no lag, no bugs, perfectly enjoyable. I wouldn't trade my hero for anything else, but I do have to say that the pre holds it's own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish