Rooted HTC Hero now cant access appbrain or Android Market

cvsales

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Great group here I have leaned many new trick for my HTC Sprint Hero.
I rooted it and love all I can do however, cannot access my apbrain account, and have lost all those apps I had there. If I attempt to load a app, wont let me into android market to download it. Any help will be much appreciated, also trying to add NOOK to my phone again same problem.

Here are the stats on my phone since rooting.

Adrdoid version 2.2.1
Baseband 2.42.02.10.29
Mod Version cynogenMod 6.1.0 RC1-Heroc

Thanks
CVSALES
chuckvs@gmail.com

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how it goes. Also, I'm updating the CM7 thread to reflect the Final release (unless Google pushes a patch late in the game).

bigboy96

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
i am having the same problems with my sprint hero as well.this is funny i have trying to root my phone for the longest time know and i got but lost everything i rooted it using Android Version 2.3.3 Mod version ( cyanogenMod-7.0.0-rc4-hero. i cannt connect to my wifi at home and i have no apps and cannt get to the market

cvsales

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Still doe not work

Thanks for your help and the link, went there downloaded all to rom manager and get error message, see below, any suggestions?

Starting recovery on Wed Apr 27 03:03:51 2011
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (320 x 480)
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.7
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

Backup complete!
calling command install_zip

-- Installing: SDCARD:card/download/gapps-mdpi-20110301-signed-2.zip
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:card/download/gapps-mdpi-20110301-signed-2.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/card/download/gapps-mdpi-20110301-signed-2.zip
E:Can't open /sdcard/card/download/gapps-mdpi-20110301-signed-2.zip
(No such file or directory)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 4:
install_zip SDCARD:card/download/gapps-mdpi-20110301-signed-2.zip

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash it via Recovery? Try shutting off the phone, power on while home+Power until the Recovery shows, and select Flash Zip and select the gapps file.

cvsales

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Tried that

Thanks tried the method you suggested, lost most of my apps and now have a completely different screen going on, will try and restore to back up rom and see what happens. Did that backup same thing what the hell did I do now?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit lost as to what is going on. Are you able to use the phone at all? Does it boot up properly and can you browse through the apps and market?

If not, you need to go back into recovery, wipe/factory reset everything, flash the ROM then flash the gapps file. Reboot and you will be back to the setup screen. Whenever you wipe/factory reset you will always lose the apps you downloaded unless they are backed up.

cvsales

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guess I just panicked, I rebooted and re installed the Rom I had from a few weeks back, all is working now, however, my original problem with the android market and apps is the same. I have downloaded many apps from the Amazon app-store with no problem at all, each time I try to install the Google add on it just doesn't work. Also if I try to click on a link in my web browser for Android app market, I get the error message you do not have permission to access this site. Thanks for all you help.

alensheva7

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
i need some help i have a sprint htc hero rooted and running 2.3.7 gingerbread on it from theunlockr.com.. everything is great but i have no market, google or facebook apps can anyone help me

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You installed an "aosp" ROM, which by default is not permitted to include the google applications. Luckily the apps are available as a separate download and install just like the ROM you installed. The file is generally referred to "Gapps" and can be found here:Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki

Scroll down a bit to the table and look for Cyanogenmod 7 and download the file. It has and Md5 number: md5: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f

You will need to reboot into Recovery (long press power and select Reboot, Recovery). Go down to "install zip from sd card" and search for the file. Follow the instructions to install (flash) the .zip. These instructions are assuming you download straight from the phone. If you download the file from a computer simply transfer to the phones sd card. Remember not to unzip the file.

Hope this helps.

** I don't want to directly link the download file because it's generally regarded as bad practice **

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles