Newbie - Sprint HTC Hero

hugs

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello I am recently a new owner of an Android device a Sprint Hero to be exact. I just have a few question before rooting my device. I have some really novice question about the whole rooting process.

After rooting my device can I get the new Sprint update for the upcoming 2.1 patch schedule for early Q2 of 2010?

If I can get the update do I need to reinstall the manufacture default version of android?
edit: how do i reinstall back to default sprint HTC hero firmware.

thank you.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Download and run the RUU on a windows PC. Its an .exe that opens, drag and drop file into SD card. Power off device, Hold Vol - and Power and restore using the file you put in there. This returns it to stock form, unrooted where you can install 2.1.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
you shouldn't do updates once you have a custom rom on. You can go back to sprint's 1.5, do the update to 2.1, but most likely you won't be able to root once you have 2.1, at least not by the same means. You'd have to wait until someone finds an exploit.

hugs

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
ahhh thank you.

applications have no problems on rooted droids right like paid and free apps.

"They are applications that are considered to be “copyright protected”. Whether free or paid doesn’t make a difference. But they are disabled in development roms. It’s not to say we haven’t tried working around that, but all of the normal tricks aren’t working." from geekfor.me

Last edited:

hugs

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
ahh thank you.... you've been alot of help. 1 more question and i'll stop bothering you. =]

My dad into technology stuff but doesn't know much english is there chinese support or I gotta wait till droid is introduced in china?