Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badchad#WP
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question add video to hero???

hello everyone. i just got myself a fancy new hero from sprint. this is my first android phone and I'm loving it so far. i just have one problem, how in gods name do i add video to this thing? i thought it was just a simple drag and drop but but apparently i was wrong. any help would be great thanks

Drag and drop works. You need to enable USB mode (in the notification) by mounting the SD card. Then you should be able to transfer video. Create a Video folder on the card and copy your videos there. Note that files which the Album player can't handle won't be visible.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts

So what file types are playable?
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

so i tried the whole drag and drop process again to no avail. i dont even see a folder or icon on the phone that would even hint at being able to watch my own uploaded movies. am i missing something here???

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

So far I've been able to play .mp4 files, had no luck with avi and wmv. Try creating a folder and name it videos and then go to it via Albums.

I'm sure there's a shortcut to it that can be accessed on your Home screen or any other screen you want, I haven't had the chance to do so yet, just got the Hero yesterday

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

It'll play .mp4 files, but they need to be a particular resolution and frame rate.

Anyone know any good converters?
    Thanked by:
    thewraith420 likes this.