Can Not Remove Apps // Long Press Opens Them

fallonjp

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
When attempting to long press an app or shortcut on any of my screens it opens the app instead of letting me drag it to remove. I've had to power off and on 3 or 4 times in the last day. not sure if it was an app I downloaded that is causing this, but I have tried uninstalling everything I've put on the phone in that time frame and it's still coming back.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
That's a good question mine did the same thing for awhile before I rooted my phone I think its an app or something from the market not sure I deleted an app and mine went back to normal.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
When attempting to long press an app or shortcut on any of my screens it opens the app instead of letting me drag it to remove. I've had to power off and on 3 or 4 times in the last day. not sure if it was an app I downloaded that is causing this, but I have tried uninstalling everything I've put on the phone in that time frame and it's still coming back.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

I'm guessing you are using Sense UI. So try this before doing a hard reset {factory reset).....

While in Sense UI, press the Menu button and select Settings, then to Applications, then to Manage Application. Wait for it fully load, then scroll down to "HTC Sense" and select it. Then scroll down to "Clear defaults" and tap it.

Now press the Home button and select Home which will be Android Home. Test the App Icon removal. If it works, press the Home button again and select HTC Sense and retest. If it now works, press the Home button again and reset HTC Sense UI back to default.

If you can't remove a app icon from either Android Home or HTC Home after doing the above, you may have to do a Factory Reset.......

AIK19

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and resolved it by terminating Swype which was running in the background.

If you don't have Swype installed and know what you're doing, try terminating known application processes one by one.

fallonjp

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the info, it's working ok again now after another soft reset about 24 hours ago and haven't had the problem since. I am running Swype, so I'll keep an eye on that if it happens again. If I can't get it them I'll try the Clear Defaults method in Sense UI. Thanks all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon