I'm pretty sure this phone is invincible

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So I was out mowing my lawn today on my riding mower. There is a bumpy patch in my yard near my house on a hill that I mow. Apparently my phone fell out of my pocket and I ended up hitting it with the blades down, there is one little scratch where the blade initially hit. It also flew about 15 feet and hit a tree where it landed, nearly unharmed.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
they can't swim, but other than that, they are hard to kill...

be careful though, you drop it on a hard surface at just the right angle, your glass screen will be shattered, but the lcd may be alright

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the OtterBox Defender case for mine. While I was on crutches, I slipped on some ice, and my feet came completely out from under me (like the movies). I landed directly on the phone.

My Hero was totally fine. The case was badly gouged, but there is nothing wrong with the phone.

Wow!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's good to hear the phone is ok! Just tells you that Otterbox makes a case that can withstand the power of a lawn mower :)

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It's good to hear the phone is ok! Just tells you that Otterbox makes a case that can withstand the power of a lawn mower :)

I don't have a case on mine at all. If I have access to a camera soon I'll post a picture of my phones one little scratch

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Have had my Hero since launch with only an Invisishield on the screen and it still looks practically brand new. I agree it is one tough phone, will definitely be buying another HTC phone when this one eventually dies.

doctroid

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Love the Otterbox. I haven't run mine over with a lawnmower nor used it to break my fall, but I've certainly dropped it enough times. No damage.

Only problem with the Otterbox was the screen protector that came with it, which was awful. The tab attached to it for handling, which you're supposed to peel off after applying the protector to the screen, would not come off without leaving a patch of adhesive and paper. I threw out the screen protector and bought some more from a different company, which worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21