Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Changing your Google account without hard reset

    Is it possible to change the Gmail/Google account on my Hero without having to do a hard reset?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default

    nobody knows?
  3. #3  

    Default

    yes you can.... at least you can on the rom that i'm running, which should be any different then a stock rom.... heres what you can do. go into gmail app-menu-accounts-add account. put your new account in. then once your done, from the home screen go to the gmail app-accounts-menu-account settings- tap the original account, at bottom right you should be able to delete the account
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4nic8 View Post
    yes you can.... at least you can on the rom that i'm running, which should be any different then a stock rom.... heres what you can do. go into gmail app-menu-accounts-add account. put your new account in. then once your done, from the home screen go to the gmail app-accounts-menu-account settings- tap the original account, at bottom right you should be able to delete the account

    the Hero doesn't have that. I've only got Settings for any kind of settings, and it doesn't have anythign for accounts.
  5. #5  

    Default

    I have not done this, but I believe the procedure is this:

    From home, Settings>Applications>Manage Applications.

    For Gmail, Gmail Storage, and Google Apps, tap each and then tap "clear data"

    Restart the phone.

    Try to start Google Talk. You may have to do this a couple of times. It will ask you to log in to your google account. This should set the the new gmail address to be your account for gmail, calendar, contacts, and android market.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    the Hero doesn't have that. I've only got Settings for any kind of settings, and it doesn't have anythign for accounts.
    okay so you need to open up the gmail application first, then go to accounts and create the new account. from there, you can go into the gmail account-menu-accounts-menu-account settings. Double check and make sure you are following the same path i listed, and keep in mind, my phone is rooted and running a custom 2.1 rom, so it may not work, but give it a try, its definately going to be your easiest bet.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    I have not done this, but I believe the procedure is this:

    From home, Settings>Applications>Manage Applications.

    For Gmail, Gmail Storage, and Google Apps, tap each and then tap "clear data"

    Restart the phone.

    Try to start Google Talk. You may have to do this a couple of times. It will ask you to log in to your google account. This should set the the new gmail address to be your account for gmail, calendar, contacts, and android market.
    I wouldn't do that^

    It will get you to the point where you can put your gmail info in again, but you'll get an error everytime you try to sign in. That's what happened to me and I've read about it happening to others.

    I believe in 1.5 a hard reset is your only option.
  8. #8  

    Default

    funcrusher, I'm getting the error you mention above now as I made the mistake and tried that method. How were you able to get it fixed, I really don't want to have to do a factory reset...
  9. #9  

    Thumbs up Re: Changing your Google account without hard reset

    Quote Originally Posted by 4nic8 View Post
    okay so you need to open up the gmail application first, then go to accounts and create the new account. from there, you can go into the gmail account-menu-accounts-menu-account settings. Double check and make sure you are following the same path i listed, and keep in mind, my phone is rooted and running a custom 2.1 rom, so it may not work, but give it a try, its definately going to be your easiest bet.
    This worked on my HTS Inspire.

    Thanks for the info.

    HTC Inspire change Google account
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Changing your Google account without hard reset

    i wana change my google account coz i always forgett my password

Posting Permissions

B