So...No 2.1 Announcement from Sprint today?

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I saw the EVO 4G announcement, but that's it? Did Sprint announce anything about Android 2.1 for Hero and Moment? Quite disappointing if nothing is announced about 2.1 today..

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Nope nothing announced.

With the announcement of the EVO updating my Hero isn't as important now as it will sit in its box in a drawer as a backup phone.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Nope nothing announced.

With the announcement of the EVO updating my Hero isn't as important now as it will sit in its box in a drawer as a backup phone.

Well we still don't have a solid release date on EVO as well as no pricing, so 2.1 is still of greater concern to me

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
If Sprint were smart and to capture the kids from other carriers talking about jumping ship to Sprint they'd release this sooner rather than later.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
EVO hands down over the N1.

As far as plan pricing I really don't see Sprint changing that. Right now 3G and 4G data plans both run $59.99 a month.

Why would they risk losing customers by increasing plan cost for EVO. Remember it still runs on CDMA for voice so there's no change there.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
EVO hands down over the N1.

As far as plan pricing I really don't see Sprint changing that. Right now 3G and 4G data plans both run $59.99 a month.

Why would they risk losing customers by increasing plan cost for EVO. Remember it still runs on CDMA for voice so there's no change there.

Yeah, but this also acts as a mobile hotspot.... so i see another charge. As long as it isn't mandatory, I'm in.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but this also acts as a mobile hotspot.... so i see another charge. As long as it isn't mandatory, I'm in.

Yeah, but it still all comes down to price for me.. If it's more than $300, than I honestly don't think it's worth it. That's really why I'm waiting so anxiously for Android 2.1 for Hero, I wanna see if it makes Hero that much better, because if it doesn't, then I will switch over to either N1 or (if the price is right) the Evo. I personally would prefer the Evo for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't mind the N1.

By the way, Engadget has a nice comparison between the DROID, the N1 and the new Evo. Of course, Evo comes out on top, but the N1 is definitely better than I previously thought it was.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but it still all comes down to price for me.. If it's more than $300, than I honestly don't think it's worth it. That's really why I'm waiting so anxiously for Android 2.1 for Hero, I wanna see if it makes Hero that much better, because if it doesn't, then I will switch over to either N1 or (if the price is right) the Evo. I personally would prefer the Evo for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't mind the N1.

By the way, Engadget has a nice comparison between the DROID, the N1 and the new Evo. Of course, Evo comes out on top, but the N1 is definitely better than I previously thought it was.

You could run Damage Control v1.0 and experience what 2.1 has to offer. I got it on mine and 2.1 + sense on the Hero is nice, only better with better internals.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
The EVO looks killer, but I agree with the majority of you. Why no announcement of 2.1 for the Hero or Moment????

Exactly..so disappointing.. I thought we would at least get a "it's coming very soon"-type answer from Hesse, but instead, we got nothing. I think Sprint concentrated a bit too much on the Evo as the WHOLE keynote address was about it..
As sweet as the phone looks, I feel like loyal Sprint/HTC customers (like us) should've gotten some sort of insight into the update and its release, but instead we were just given details (and details we pretty much already knew) about a yet-to-be-released phone with no pricing details or availability..

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I for one am not disappointed by the lack of a update announcement. Sprint really needs a killer device to compete with the Droid and iPhone. So I don't blame them for spending all their time on what is perhaps the most advanced carrier driven device ever released in the U.S.

By this logic it simply doesn't make sense for them to focus on or even mention older or existing devices.

Based on reports prior to the show it sounds like these updates are still coming and soon.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I for one am not disappointed by the lack of a update announcement. Sprint really needs a killer device to compete with the Droid and iPhone. So I don't blame them for spending all their time on what is perhaps the most advanced carrier driven device ever released in the U.S.

By this logic it simply doesn't make sense for them to focus on or even mention older or existing devices.

Based on reports prior to the show it sounds like these updates are still coming and soon.

True, that's a really good point actually.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems to me that the purpose of these shows is to focus on what is coming, not on the improvements to what is already available. Announcements like an upgrade to the Hero, etc., will be done in a much more low-key way.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

looks like it will be an add on app you have to pay a monthly fee to use

from the looks of it the n1 will be from google only at full price 500+$ no discouted price for service (so far only tmobile is able to give discouted for service)..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay