| || |
Converted to Android
I just gave up my Tour for Sprint and went with the Hero. I've had it about 24 hours thus far, and here are my thoughts & questions. Feedback is appreciated.
1. First, what's with the facebook app? Is it possible to receive a notification that someone commented on something and have it take you directly to that status, message, thread, etc? I found it difficult to have a conversation with someone via a status comment while on my phone. Suggestions?
2. Can I not assign a different ringtone for my work email, my personal email, text messages, gtalk messages, etc? Not only that, but can I only use the pre-loaded ones? I'm a fan of the office, and I like my text ringtone to be the office theme song.
3. Battery life, what a joke. I took it off the charger this morning around 8am, and it was dead by 3pm. I was on it quite a bit changing settings and what not, but that's a rather poor performance if you ask me. I did read a thread on how to increase battery life (by getting taskiller x and setting it to kill tasks every 30 mins).
4. The alarm, didn't go off this morning (I set a back up just in case), was that because I had it set to silent? I don't like being interrupted in the middle of the night, but I expected the alarm to still go off. My tour did this without a problem, which was incredible. I could turn the phone off and it would come on when the alarm needed to go off.
5. Is it just me, or is it a bit slow? Switching between apps, opening new ones, or rotating the screen seem to slow it down a bit. Is this typical, is there a work around? Any suggestions/feedback on this?
And lastly, I have one more request. I was reading through some of the threads and saw a few "must have apps", but they weren't really useful. They didn't say why the app was a "must have". So, list some of the apps that you use, and why you use them.
Overall the phone is a lot of fun, but it doesn't seem very smooth or fluid like my Tour did. But, I'm going to give it a shot and see what I think of it before I give up.
Thanks for the input!