Anyone get Sprint to match Best Buy's $50 off for Reward Zone?

natrixgli

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I bought my Hero at the Sprint Store which is incidentally located a few blocks from Best Buy. Why I didn't go check there first is beyond me, now I'm stuck waiting for the $100 MIR..

But to make matters worse, Reward Zone members got an email recently with the Hero now selling for $129 for RZ members!

I've already talked to the rep who sold me the phone at the Sprint store, she claims they don't match BB's pricing. Well I'm far too stubborn to stop there, especially when someone on the Sprint forums claims they got a $50 credit!

Anyone else try this?

Here's the coupon: $129 Hero for Reward Zone members.

-n8

Last edited:

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I bought my Hero at the Sprint Store which is incidentally located a few blocks from Best Buy. Why I didn't go check there first is beyond me, now I'm stuck waiting for the $100 MIR..

But to make matters worse, Reward Zone members got an email recently with the Hero now selling for $129 for RZ members!

I've already talked to the rep who sold me the phone at the Sprint store, she claims they don't match BB's pricing. Well I'm far too stubborn to stop there, especially when someone on the Sprint forums claims they got a $50 credit!

Anyone else try this?

-n8

I called today (*2), no dice either. They won't price match or give credit to the account. I'll just return my device to Sprint and get them to reset the contract date, then head over to BB and pick it up for 129.99.

natrixgli

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I called today (*2), no dice either. They won't price match or give credit to the account. I'll just return my device to Sprint and get them to reset the contract date, then head over to BB and pick it up for 129.99.

Ugh. Same here with Sprint web chat. No joy.

I wonder if I will lose the 27% discount they gave me. The rep I bought my phone from tried to tell me that Google Voice only used Data, and when I proved it to be incorrect, they offered me the discount to keep me from dumping the service entirely.

But the issues with this phone are mounting and my iPhone is still active so I might just return it and be done with it.

-n8

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ugh. Same here with Sprint web chat. No joy.

I wonder if I will lose the 27% discount they gave me. The rep I bought my phone from tried to tell me that Google Voice only used Data, and when I proved it to be incorrect, they offered me the discount to keep me from dumping the service entirely.

But the issues with this phone are mounting and my iPhone is still active so I might just return it and be done with it.

-n8

Rumor has it... those "issues" aren't going to be "issues" anymore.

craho

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
natrixgli
thanks for posting the coupon. printed it and got $50 off.
It took forever at BB to get our two new phones set up, but happy to be home with them now. Hopefully the 'issues' will get resolved. But, happy for now.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Bought mine from Best Buy on the 9th, wonder if they'll price match and give me the $50 back. Don't they have a 30 day price match guarantee?

KyleBuch

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
bought my Hero on 10/11... going to go by the store tomorrow to try and get my $50! Ill let u know how it goes!!
I just registered with the reward zone... Hope that isnt an issue.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
their price match policy is generally the same period as the return policy for whatever you bought, so b/t 14 - 31 days depending. since their method of price matching is basically returning the item and reselling it in one transaction.

but they are pretty good about adjusting prices if you're close or nice, or just good at being persuasive. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000