Deciding

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I am deciding about rooting my Sprint Hero. Should I do it and what are the pros and cons?

Cons- might have to return to stock,if you ever have to get it serviced.
Can become a habit..lol

Pros- Wireless tether
custom roms
nadroid restore
can customize anything
can become habit..lol..:D

eck74

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My carrier is Cellcom, a local WI provider. Are the rooting directions the same for all CDMA HTC Hero's or could they be different?

NBenn8021

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
if I do decide to root my phone which I am thinking I will. What is a good custom ROM to flash. I dont care to integrate sense or facebook like how sense intergrates it.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
if I do decide to root my phone which I am thinking I will. What is a good custom ROM to flash. I dont care to integrate sense or facebook like how sense intergrates it.

I'd look at them all decide one that looks good to you and give it a try.If it were me,Id go with either option 3 or option4 of sprint leak. Once you root and have your nadroid backup made you can try all of them if you want.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been running dc 2.0.7.2 for around a week now with no issues. The only reason I liked Fresh was for the espresso phone bar at the bottom of the screen. I found a theme for DC that gave me that look and now I've very happy.

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I recommend it, and I can even do it for you, if you are scared. I can even walk you through the process if you decide to do so.

Do you think you can walk me through the root and adding a custom rom? I have read a lot, and am still kind of nervous. I really want to get into this stuff though.

let me know how we can connect.

NBenn8021

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been running dc 2.0.7.2 for around a week now with no issues. The only reason I liked Fresh was for the espresso phone bar at the bottom of the screen. I found a theme for DC that gave me that look and now I've very happy.

How do you do that? and if I download kitchen to do the one step root, do I need to still download the sdk to install custom roms?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
How do you do that? and if I download kitchen to do the one step root, do I need to still download the sdk to install custom roms?

Well, no, you just load them on your SD card, boot into recovery and wipe, then flash

Mount phone to computer
Drag and drop .zip file to sd card
Power off phone
Hold down vol down and hit power
backup restore- do a backup of what you currently have
back to main menu
wipe data/factory restore, dalvik cache, and SD:EXT
Back to main menu
Flash Zip from SD

If your rom isn't there, you either extracted it (no longer in a .zip file) or you don't have it in the root file of the sd card
Here what you can do, since you can't boot up your phone now:
Back to menu
USB-MS Toggle (phone will mount)
Drag and drop .zip or find what folder it was it and cut/paste into root folder (so its not in any other folder)
press home to unmount
back to menu
flash .zip from sd (you should see it now).

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah theres always someone around to help.

Yeah, I have a lot more free time on my hands... I finished classes yesterday, so I'm a lot less stressed right now. I'm still not technically done, but I'm no longer in a rush. I can pretty much help anyone out now, just busy Tuesday night taking my last test, and Friday... graduating!

NBenn8021

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
ok ran into a problem rooting the phone. with the line adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img /sdcard i get the error cannot stat 'recovery-RA-v1.5.2.img' : no such file or directory. The file is in the c:/android-sdk-windows/tools should i eliminate the v1.5.2.img and make it v152.img?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams