tablet keeps shutting off

Mike Moore1

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got my tablet from a friend (used) really like it except if I don't keep doing something on screen such as sliding it up and down etc.... It keeps going into sleep mode I have tried adjusting the screen setting it was set on one minute I set it for 10mins when that didn't work I set it to never shut off that worked for awhile now it is doing it again any thoughts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! After you got the tablet from your friend, did you do a factory reset, or is it still under his account, with apps he may have installed? Maybe he installed some 3rd party app that also handles sleep function.

With Android devices, if you're getting a used one, it's advisable to remove the previous owner's account (or just do a factory data reset, which wipes the whole device). Then, when it restarts, link the device to your own Google account, and start installing the apps that you want. The problem with using someone else's account is that any purchases you make on Google Play will be charged to him, and he will also have the ability to install and uninstall apps to the device remotely from any desktop.