Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Rooting and custom ROMs for Merge

Does anyone know of ROMs and mods for the HTC Merge on Verizon? I have read up about XDA and CM7 mods, but cannot confirm if they will work on a stock Merge.

Looking to push the phone to its potential and get rid of the Verizon bloat that come pre-loaded.

I like the articles on CM7, XDA, and MIUI. Any preference between hacks and ROMs? If one exists, where is best place to download files and detailed instructions?

New to working on my phone (kept previous LG in stock mode) but looking to try new ROMs and themes with the Merge.

Many thanks!

Chris
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: Rooting and custom ROMs for Merge

Found this post over on XDA Forums... anyone confirm this works? I have a Verizon Merge so looking for confirmation this makes sense and works...

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] HTC Merge Rooting and Custom Recovery

yes i used it.... works if you follow directions.... im also verizon so no gold card needed..... but should work to if not verizon.
    i used this link..
    root,s-off,simunlock,superCID htc merge - Android Forums

but i think the one you gave is similar or the same.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by schlakcd View Post
    Does anyone know of ROMs and mods for the HTC Merge on Verizon? I have read up about XDA and CM7 mods, but cannot confirm if they will work on a stock Merge.

Looking to push the phone to its potential and get rid of the Verizon bloat that come pre-loaded.

I like the articles on CM7, XDA, and MIUI. Any preference between hacks and ROMs? If one exists, where is best place to download files and detailed instructions?

New to working on my phone (kept previous LG in stock mode) but looking to try new ROMs and themes with the Merge.

Many thanks!

Chris

well yes I found this one.... has links for several things... kernels, radios, rom or two..
    here is the link
    merge info on 2fastroms - Android Forums

it also has Clockworkmod recovery. I have it installed and the xFuZiiOnZz-1.0.0 rom installed....all working well.

feel free to contact me will help ya if i can.
    cheers

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Is there a complete step by step guide to rooting and upgrading the Verizon branded HTC Merge??