Verizon users who don't feel like hunting for Merge: What's your next move?

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon users who don't feel like hunting for Merge: What's y

I bought an HTC Merge from an authorized retailer this weekend. They said they just got them in this past week. Seems like Verizon finally got around to releasing them to "third party retailers", which probably just means the "unofficial" Verizon retailers. Good hunting, everyone!

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I bought an HTC Merge from an authorized retailer this weekend. They said they just got them in this past week. Seems like Verizon finally got around to releasing them to "third party retailers", which probably just means the "unofficial" Verizon retailers. Good hunting, everyone!

Good going Verizon!

/sarcasm

Seriously, you guys screwed the pooch sooo bad. So many people between this site and another forum wanted this phone. What do you guys do? You delay and delay it, and on top of that give out misleading information (Best Buy anyone?) about where the phone is at.

Too little, too late. A shame because it seems like a solid entry in the space.

OP, congrats on the phone, liking everything so far? :)

cliff.wilson

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm an indirect agent for Verizon Cellular Sales, and we're carrying the merge. I work in the Birmingham market in AL, but we're all over the east coast. one of my managers said that we're going to be the only company carrying them, but I don't nessisarily believe that...

www.cellularsales.com

pm me if you're interested

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site

A little too late! I had my heart set on this phone. Now with the Droid 3 out (really liking this phone) and others to come. I think I will wait it out even longer and see what's available.

cliff.wilson

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
2.) You do realize, that the new tier data plans are for both 3G and 4G? So I don't think you have to wory about being grandfathered.

you do realize if you currently have the unlimited data plan on Verizon and upgrade (to a 3g or 4g phone), you're grandfathered into keeping your unlimited data?

there's a TON of new 4g phones coming out very soon. Motorola Bionic. Samsung Galaxy S 2. HTC and LG each have newer 4g phones coming out too.

last I heard the bionic and galaxy s 2 are supposed to be out on September 8, and the other 2 are due out sometime in October...

Verizon's 4g blows all the others out of the water. especially if you're grandfathered into the unlimited data plan...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

you do realize if you currently have the unlimited data plan on Verizon and upgrade (to a 3g or 4g phone), you're grandfathered into keeping your unlimited data?

there's a TON of new 4g phones coming out very soon. Motorola Bionic. Samsung Galaxy S 2. HTC and LG each have newer 4g phones coming out too.

last I heard the bionic and galaxy s 2 are supposed to be out on September 8, and the other 2 are due out sometime in October...

Verizon's 4g blows all the others out of the water. especially if you're grandfathered into the unlimited data plan...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

If 4G battery life issues are worked out...it's very compelling indeed. :)

There are a few VZW Merge handset's on eBay if anyone's interested, just do a search for them.