Gingerbread Rollout Thread!

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So it looks like it is finally time for those of us with the MT4G to get our Gingerbread update. T-mobile's official statement says only a select number of phones will get the update today. Others will just have to wait their turn.

Once you have yours, Post here with your reviews and findings! Screen Caps would be awesome. Does it have the new lock screen like we have seen with Sense 3.0 phones? Any other little things you may notice.

You may also post benchmarks and battery performance reviews.

I look forward to my update!

Till then... Party on Wayne!

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if I have to have a T-Mobile sim card in the phone to trigger/get the update? I haven't been using it as my primary phone although it is still turned on and connected to wifi. I'm thinking I should switch back in order to get the update pushed out.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

ricking

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if I have to have a T-Mobile sim card in the phone to trigger/get the update? I haven't been using it as my primary phone although it is still turned on and connected to wifi. I'm thinking I should switch back in order to get the update pushed out.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
yes you do have to have sim card in

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Its a push update so yes, when it's time for yours you will get a notification that an update has been downloaded an is ready to install. It auto downloads in the background while your phone is in standby then will notify you when it is ready to install.

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
When is it rolling out

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

It has already started to roll out. They launched the roll out a few days ago to a "limited pilot" number of people. T-mobile's official statement says they will be continuing the roll outs from now until the end of the year. So it could take some time to reach everyone. According to the statement they also go on to say that you can not rush the process by calling and requesting the push. It is not in the call center tech's hands at this point.

Side note: My Girlfriend is a T-mobile Rep and has confirmed that they do not have that power.

Reactions: DNoble

jbaile07#AC

Feb 13, 2011
www.facebook.com
It has already started to roll out. They launched the roll out a few days ago to a "limited pilot" number of people. T-mobile's official statement says they will be continuing the roll outs from now until the end of the year. So it could take some time to reach everyone. According to the statement they also go on to say that you can not rush the process by calling and requesting the push. It is not in the call center tech's hands at this point.

Side note: My Girlfriend is a T-mobile Rep and has confirmed that they do not have that power.
Will I get the notification if i'm using a custom ROM??:)

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am also reading that T-Mo stores will have a SD card around August 1st to help those with the installation process. Sources have linked a T-Mo notification sent to their employees it seems.

*waits to smell the Gingerbread cooking*

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I am also reading that T-Mo stores will have a SD card around August 1st to help those with the installation process. Sources have linked a T-Mo notification sent to their employees it seems.

Man.... I have been doing the Checkin every day. Hope we get it sooner than later! :cool:

mikey3450

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

That is true, T-Mobile corporate stores will get SD cards with Gingerbread updates for the myTouch 4G and the T-Mobile G2, there will also be a Froyo 2.2 update for myTouch 3G Slide users as well. They should be arriving next week some time.

Reactions: LadyDi and DNoble

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That is true, T-Mobile corporate stores will get SD cards with Gingerbread updates for the myTouch 4G and the T-Mobile G2, there will also be a Froyo 2.2 update for myTouch 3G Slide users as well. They should be arriving next week some time.

But from the reads, you will not be able to go into the stores and get it until August, yes or nor??

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Man.... I have been doing the Checkin every day. Hope we get it sooner than later! :cool:

How are you checking everyday? Using the dialpad numerical thingy?? I saw it but I thought you were supposed to do it one time and never again. Ah well...

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thread went cold. .. Has anyone actually gotten the update yet? Its been over a week since the start of the roll out . I am wondering who actually got in? Also.. if you have not gotten your roll out update by Aug 5th is anyone going into a retail store and trying to get them to install the update from their sd cards?