1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Family Mobile & WiFi calling

Why is it that when I had tmobile in my house, I had WiFi calling. Not as an add on feature, because when I would turn it on, it would popup a msg telling me that using it still takes away from plan minutes. Well recently I switched to WalMart Family Mobile, & it simply won't work, it tells me that I'm not registered on the t mobile network. It is the tmo network, no? By the way, I am using the mt4g. It should work, but possibly there are settings that can be changed?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Default Re: Family Mobile & WiFi calling

Just a guess - Is the plan you are now on a TM plan or a reseller plan by Walmart? Maybe virtual resellers who use the TM system lose some features. I know they can't roam on other domestic carriers that regular TM customers can use.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I ain't sure, I called fam mob, & their cust Serv is pitiful. They couldn't tell me if I was supposed to have it, if I wasn't, in fact, I don't think they knew what is was. I called twice, & it was basically the same both times. As far as roaming, I am able to, because in my house I'm on at&t a lot. My signal is poor in my house, that's the reason I want WiFi calling in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikethaler View Post
    Just a guess - Is the plan you are now on a TM plan or a reseller plan by Walmart? Maybe virtual resellers who use the TM system lose some features. I know they can't roam on other domestic carriers that regular TM customers can use.
    This is exactly why you can't do that on family mobile. Its just on t-mobile network, but it doesn't get all of the t-mobile features. You also get family mobile's
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yea but it don't cost tmo anything to allow WiFi calling, in fact it would seem they'd want you on WiFi & off their network...

Not quite a noob

ROM
    Synergy r64

Default Re: Family Mobile & WiFi calling

Quote Originally Posted by jjbadd View Post
    Yea but it don't cost tmo anything to allow WiFi calling, in fact it would seem they'd want you on WiFi & off their network...

Even with Wi-Fi calling you still use their network. You don't use a cell tower on your part, but the call goes through their server, and then to a cell tower --> the person you are calling. Anyway, you need to be a T-Mobile customer, not a 3rd party customer that uses T-mobile's system.