Should I take this back?

Kinsanell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I will have had the Mytouch 4G a week Saturday. I love it, very snappy, actually happy with it.... BUT it came with 2.3.4, bootloader 89.0005 AND S-ON. I've tried Visionary, Gingerbreak, fre3vo (permission denied every time) and the app that came with Bloat Freeze (which of course doesn't work on non-rooted phones - bought it because I really thought it could be done).

I actually don't want to take it back but I need a phone that can be rooted. I think I'm the only person who has this thing. Advice appreciated.

Last edited:

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help as I have only had my mytouch4G a couple of weeks also. I was under the impression this can be rooted. I am skeptical as it seems a little more difficult compared to BB.

Have you tried googling our phone about rooting it?

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It can't be rooted with the 2.3.4 update. This is terrible. :( I think I'm going to take it back. I have 2 more days to decide. Love the phone tho.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Kinsanell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help as I have only had my mytouch4G a couple of weeks also. I was under the impression this can be rooted. I am skeptical as it seems a little more difficult compared to BB.

Have you tried googling our phone about rooting it?

Hi Jesse. Yep. I have tried everything. The current rooting tools are Visionary (which just hung), not to mention various threads on XDA (either it's an imcompatability issue or I'll just get "permission denied") Thanks anyway.:)

The thing is, I don't want to take it back, I absolutely love it, but I there are programs and tweaks that you can only get with rooting (for now). I actually have until next Saturday to take it back.. but I don't want to. I

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You could always wait just a little bit, because they always end up getting the bootloaders unlocjed at some point. And if youre really liking the rest of the phone it's probably worth waiting anyways.

Kinsanell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
You could always wait just a little bit, because they always end up getting the bootloaders unlocjed at some point. And if youre really liking the rest of the phone it's probably worth waiting anyways.

Good point. After calming down and thinking about it, I'm keeping her. It's a damn nice phone. I certainly held on the original MyTouch long enough (which, btw, was relatively easy to root).

camalus

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
As of right now 2.3.4 cannot be rooted.

Just hold tight. It will be rooted soon enough. Until then enjoy the phone. I love mine.

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
What about rooting it on 2.2? That way you could test it out and see if you like it.

I personally haven't dived in yet with rooting it and still love this phone, especially after finding a better keyboard for it. Loving smart keyboard thus far.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I know this is old and the op probably went to another device, but if you downgraded to 2.2 it can be rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois