cropping problems with custom wallpapers...

robertiv

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to use either images uploaded from my computer or photos taken with my MT4G camera as my phone wallpaper. However, when I try to set one of these images, I'm taken to a crop screen. So far I'm completely unable to change the relative dimensions of the crop square - it is *always* a square, all I can do is enlarge or shrink it, not change it to a rectangle or whatnot. As a result, all images are zoomed in with huge chunks of the margins missing.

I've tried changing my image dimensions in Photoshop before uploading to the phone to hopefully get them in the native resolution, but am still faced with this accursed crop square. Completely unwieldy and makes any image save for the few stock wallpapers look like garbage.

Am I missing something simple? Is there an easy way to stretch that crop square vertically and not horizonally (into a rectangle) or vice versa? You think with a vertically oriented screen that the crop frame would be a rectangle, not a square that's completely the wrong aspect ratio...

Kinsanell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
the wallpaper dimensions should be 960 x 800, then the selection rectangle will cover the whole thing and you shouldn't lose photo real estate. Try this pic to test.

colourfulrbeo4h4kj.jpg

wtflobolaw

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
that is still flawed. the edges of the image still get chopped off. the picture you gave is practically a square and so the crop box will fit yes. but the problem still exists that the edges of the picture are removes from the viewing area when setting it as a wallpaper.

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site