Tell HTC

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had the "tell HTC" icon come up after a system crash or anything? If you have, have you tried to send an error report to them?
It seems like after the GB update, when I plug my MT4G in to my computer as a disc drive, it freezes and does a background restart then the 'tell HTC' icon comes up... Well, this is the second time it has happened so I went to Tell HTC this time.... has anyone read the Log File that it sends to HTC? The detail in it is kind of creepy. lol. It lists every command you've done on your phone up until that point... how long before that point, I am not sure, but it's creepier than I expected it to be. lol. :-X

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have had this happen but what is "creepy" is this -> "Your phone has just been recovered from an abnormal reset. Would you like to tell HTC?"

I was very afraid and no, I did not read that file. Phones are becoming more and more complicated, to me.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Update. Mysteriously, I've not seen any crashes nor TELL HTC messages when I shut the phone down just because I want to.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was just my phone. I've been getting this same problem. I did not read the log and I've been "Telling HTC". It sucks that they collect all that info but I guess that tells them what the problem is....:-!

SJMarty

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone has been doing this about once a week since she got the Gingerbread update. She received her update OTA. I did my update from the SD card (resulting in a factory reset) and curiously, I have not seen a single abnormal termination.

I'm wondering if I should re-flash and factory reset my wife's phone. I'm curious if you guys are all running Gingerbread and if so, did you do the update OTA or via the SD card?

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone has been doing this about once a week since she got the Gingerbread update. She received her update OTA. I did my update from the SD card (resulting in a factory reset) and curiously, I have not seen a single abnormal termination.

I'm wondering if I should re-flash and factory reset my wife's phone. I'm curious if you guys are all running Gingerbread and if so, did you do the update OTA or via the SD card?

I got my GB from the SD card.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This is getting to be annoying. Everytime I connect to PC the phone crushes. I guess the solution is to wipe and install GB through SD. OTA update might have been mising something.

Melyke

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Hy forum..i have a problem with my htc explorer...i copyed some music on sd and after a few days they became unreadable...i've updated my software and after that the problems began....can u help me?

droidlvr88

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have the HTC shift and at first it was fine but now ido what's going on with it sometimes my screen doesn't work if I'm touching it sometimes uni can't unlock it even when i do slide the screen up I love HTC and Android but this is crazy I've had it only a few months and it doing this hmmmm really this is getting old