My Touch 4g frozen on reboot screen... HELP.

margiemess

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem. I have downloaded the PD15DIAG.ZIP file and placed in on a sd card by using my laptop. Then placed the sd card into the phone and press the power button the start the hboot and the phone runs through the check and goes right back to the reboot screen. Is there another way of getting the file onto the phone? What other options are there to put the ROM back on the phone?

hotker79

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem. I have downloaded the PD15DIAG.ZIP file and placed in on a sd card by using my laptop. Then placed the sd card into the phone and press the power button the start the hboot and the phone runs through the check and goes right back to the reboot screen. Is there another way of getting the file onto the phone? What other options are there to put the ROM back on the phone?

yes fastboot

Rename the downloaded stock rom "StockRom.zip" (if extensions are hidden, rename it "StockRom").
Place the downloaded stock rom zip file in your platform-tools directory.
Download the attached file "fastboot.zip. In the zip archive there are three folders, "windows", "mac", and "linux". Extract the file from the associated with your operating system and place it in platform-tools directory.
In command prompt, type the following command to reboot into bootloader:
Code:
> adb reboot bootloader
Make sure your device is recognized by typing the following command.
Code:
> fastboot devices
If you device is recognized, it should return a serial/model number.
Code:
> fastboot oem rebootRUU
Your phone should now reboot into a black screen with a gray/silver "HTC" logo on it.
Next we flash the Stock Rom. This may take a few minutes as it transfers the file to the phone then attemps to update (downgrade).
Code:
> fastboot flash zip StockRom.zip
In rare cases the flash stops and the user gets a warning to repeat the flash immediately - no panic, just run the " fastboot flash zip StockRom.zip" (only this command, not the rebootRUU one) again and it will work.
When it finishes, wait a minute or two (just in case) then reboot your phone by typing:
Code:
> fastboot reboot
After booting into Android 2.2, DO NOT update the OTA that is around 70MB. That is the update to Gingerbread. There is one update that will come before that, that is a lot smaller in size, which is the WiFi-Calling update - that update is okay to install.:)

robins001

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
hols he mirado que hantenido el mismo problema el mio es diferente se queda en la pantalla de inicio de t-mobile htc my tourc 4g de alli no pasa lo que me acurdo es que estaba descargando de internet una actualisacion y se congelo y tube que qiutar la bateria para que iniciara y desde alli estha asi me poderian ayudar a encontrar una solocucion a esto
tengo
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-OFF
H-BOOT-0.86.0000
MICROP-0429
RADIO 26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 27 2010, 11:12:59

Last edited:

jovinutz808

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue as the OP. However, on my phone it reads:
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0006
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC- boot
Jul 15 2011, 16:45:17

I try to hard reset my phone and it goes to this but when i click on factory reset it freezes. How can I fix it? Anything i have to download and install into my sd card?

edithromero7880

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89 0005
MICROP-0005
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC-BOOT
APRIL 14 201, 13:18:22

WHAT DO I DO?? HOW CAN I GET PD151MG.ZIP DO I HAVE TO BUY IT... I DO NOT KNOW UNDERSTANT ANYTHING...I NEED HELPPPPPP.... :-(

edithromero7880

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0005
MICROP-0429
RaDIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC-boot
April 14 2011, 13:18:22

what can i do??? where do i get pd151mg.zip do i have to buy it?? can someone help meee pleaseeeeeee :':)':)':)':)':):):)(

dynamond

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
i too have the same issue as the above post:
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0005
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC- boot
Apr 14 2011
i tried pressing the power button for factory reset but it is not working instead it get frozen. i downloaded and unzipped the pd15img but it is still not woking

laflaga17

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Good day to you sir, i did all your instruction and also downloaded the zip file but still went into error. it wasn't exactly a PU error so i don't know if its ok. mine went CID error, donno what to do next. Please help.. :'(

laflaga17

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay this is pretty deep stuff and i hope you can hang with me.

First of all the reason your phone is booting into hBoot is because the phone doesn't have a ROM on it. Or least it thinks it doesn't. Which could be due to a faulty eMMC chip. That is the chip that everything gets wrote to, and read from. Now the problem doesn't stem from the water damage that happened months ago.

There is only one way to attempt to fix your phone. Since you have the .86 bootloader i'm assuming you were using the 2.2.1 OS that t-mobile provides. First of all you need to download the PD15IMG.zip Click on this link. And make sure to leave it zipped. Do not unzip it. Store it on the root of your SD Card you use in your phone. Meaning do not store it in any folders. Then boot up the phone and get to the hBoot (the white screen you mentioned). Select "bootloader", the phone will scan the SD Card then prompt you to update the OS. Do that. You'll see a progress bar along the right side of the screen. It'll slowly move up and the items will get a "ok" by them letting you know they are done. If you get a "fail-PU" it means the phone is truly bricked and there is no way of fixing it. PU means Partition Update, and the eMMC chip is not allowing anything to be written or read off of the chip set.

Hope that helps.

Good day to you sir, i did all your instruction and also downloaded the zip file but still went into error. it wasn't exactly a PU error so i don't know if its ok. mine went CID error, donno what to do next. Please help..

Johnpaul bbosa

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
it had worked one day when i was using mobogenie to root glacier 2.3.4 but when i rebooted the root want off also,,,,,
guys any u can downgrade it to 2.2,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair