Was thinking of getting my gf her favorite cell phone (MyTouch 4G Slide) for her birthday off craigslist, but her carrier is Sprint.

Before I buy it, is it possible to get that device working on Sprint by rooting it, or something?

I'm kind of new to this, but any/all advice is appreciated. Thank you.
    05-18-2012 01:54 PM
    Was thinking of getting my gf her favorite cell phone (MyTouch 4G Slide) for her birthday off craigslist, but her carrier is Sprint.

Before I buy it, is it possible to get that device working on Sprint by rooting it, or something?

I'm kind of new to this, but any/all advice is appreciated. Thank you.
    No.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    NittanyBlue2002 likes this.
    05-18-2012 01:55 PM
    Ok, thanks for the quick response. A little bummed out, but glad I came here first and asked in advance.
    05-18-2012 01:56 PM
    So, it's mechanically impossible, I presume? Thanks.
    05-18-2012 04:54 PM
    So, it's mechanically impossible, I presume? Thanks.
    Technologically impossible, as the MyTouch is a GSM device and Sprint is a CDMA network. Also, even if the phone was CDMA, Sprint and Verizon do not allow other carriers' phones into their network.
    05-18-2012 06:18 PM
    Any similar devices she may like at Sprint? Like an Epic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    05-18-2012 09:59 PM
    Funny thing. After a year and a half, we concluded the relationship last night. Guess that takes care of that.

Thanks for the insight, though, everyone. I wasted way too much time looking for the answers online before coming over here. Won't make that mistake again.
    05-19-2012 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD