Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Headphone Jack Screwed Up, How to Disable COMPLETELY?

My younger brother spilled gingerale on my phone, and since then the headphone is screwed up. It will switch repeatedly from headset to handheld mode about twice a second, making phone calls impossible. Having a headset plugged in works, but I dislike having that as my only option.

I want to completely remove the phones ability to switch to headset, possibly by removing the driver or even disconnecting the jack if I have to. I have tried the Headset Blocker app to no avail, and spent hours cleaning it from the inside out. I believe these to be my only options, so please help. I don't want my phone to EVER be able to switch to headset, I never use it for music anyways.

Linked is a reddit thread I started to find solutions, I don't know if there is any more information there but I am linking in case: Headset Jack Broken: Need to Disable Jack Completely : AndroidQuestions