Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Mytouch 4g already getting an ota update (screen shot)

I got the Mytouch 4g this morning. I have been using it all day. Just about an hour ago and ota update was sent over. If I was to guess it is going to ask me to start paying for the tethering that I currently get for free. I have since delayed it.

Anyone know what the update might be?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I got it too, I just went ahead and updated it. It works fine. I do know before I got that update, the "server" kept going out. I have no longer had that issue.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I ran the update finally. It fixed my issue with the dock contacts on the side of the phone. I think my phone lost signal yesterday to. Also we had trouble with gps for a bit. It couldn't find us.

Mine works fine. Did video chat on qik and yahoo and both were up fine, and status bar error fixed. Nothing seems to have broken.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timbo1083 View Post
    Mine works fine. Did video chat on qik and yahoo and both were up fine, and status bar error fixed. Nothing seems to have broken.
    could you hear when doing a video chat? i did one and could barely hear the other person. tried multiple times and couldnt hear

A friend of mine uses Tango for video chat on his iPhone 4 and he told me the speaker issue is because of the network speeds. If hes in a chat on a 3G network the volume is low but if its wifi to wifi it will be louder...the fix is just use a headset and you'll be fine. The technology is still in its infancy so just find whatever workarounds you can. I personally don't mind using a headset, it will decrease the battery drain if its wired.

Are the OTA updates still being pushed out. I bought my phone on launch day and have been using it since. I still have not received the update. My girlfriend got the phone about an hour before me with in an hour she had her update already.