Switching from Sprint to T-Mobile - Question

clue11

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Planning to buy the MyTouch 4G off contract and use the Even More Plus plan.

Currently the Unlimited Text + Data + 500 Min = $59.99

But it looks like T-Mobile will be coming out with new tiered data plans on Nov 14th with no restrictions on smartphones and plans:
T-Mobile Adding Data Plan To New Data Lineup? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Will I be able to switch to the new data plan (ie. $10-15 for 200MB) once the new plan comes out (so $39.99 for Text + 500 Min.. and +$10-15 for data)? Or should I just wait until Nov 14th to buy the MyTouch 4G?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Best off just giving them a call. Their customer service is great....and whether or not you technically should be able to switch plans in your situation, I'm sure they would work something out with you. I would assume though that it wouldn't be a problem. The price you're paying for the phone isn't based on a contract....and you aren't signing a contract, so you can do whatever you want.

clue11

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for responding.

Yeah I think I'll just end up buying it with the EM+ plan for now. Then if new plans come out I'll deal with it then.

Clackamas

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Switch from Sprint to T-Mobile myself 1.5 years ago..

And I haven't regreted.

Overally, I find the instore service to be top-notch 9 out of 10 vists. The phone support has been a little more hit/miss but overall, light years ahead of Sprint.

I'd call them and ask or better yet, go to a corporate owned store. They'll give you good answers.