Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default Faves Gallery?

I have the G2 and went and looked at the MT4G last night. Just painfully curious, I suppose. I'm not sure I'm convinced for a couple of reasons:

- I think I like the Plain Ol' Vanilla UI better
    - display on the MT4G seems washed out compared to G2
    - WHAT IN THE WORLD IS FAVES GALLERY?

So that's really the #1 question right now. What is the Faves Gallery? There is this icon right on the home screen.... I couldn't find a way to change it into anything else or something... Neither could the rep. I thought the Faves program was gone from TMo? Anyone know what this is?

Thanks in advance!

from what i can tell its similar to Sense in that it compiles all your most used contacts and gives you their updates and fact access to text/call/email
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeskidney View Post
    from what i can tell its similar to Sense in that it compiles all your most used contacts and gives you their updates and fact access to text/call/email
    But there's no way to get rid of or customize that icon/replace it with something else?

Not until the phone is rooted. The phone ui puts everything in your contact list and the Faves gallery is a spot to view everything. Its pretty much useless to me as I prefer to go to the social networking apps themselves. Once this phone gets rooted I will be removing quite a bit of bloatware on this phone. I've already gotten used to Launcher pro and the phone seems to run a little better with the lesser stuff I've been using.